Opinions on best Mopar Mag

-

Done Swimmin

Reaction score
Hey Gang

I was wondering what Mopar magazine you folks consider to be the best source of entertainment/info, etc....

Anyone have a preference?

just wondering.....

pete

Personally I like Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle, but if you want real information and real advice on what you're doing with your current project...the best source you can use is someone else that has been there and done that. The best source I have found in that respect is this website. Before I started using FABO I THOUGHT I knew a lot about my A-body Mopar, but I have learned and built so much from just being here and talking to others that have done what I'm doing that other sources just aren't worth my time much anymore. The other problem I have with the two mags that I mentioned is that they are starting to concentrate WAY too much on putting the new age HEMIs in old MOPARS. Yeah okay makes a nice car and all, but I guess I'm kind of a purist in the respect that old MOPARs should have the motors of their era. Different strokes for different folks.

Got to go with Mopar Action. Their tech is excellent and the tongue-in-cheek writing style can't be beat. :)

Depends what your looking for. Ive read some silly stuff in Mopar Action and Muscle, that said I think Muscle has just expaned its how-to section. Isnt it funny how some of the do-it-yourself articals in those magazines consist of the guys who run the magazine taking their car to a shop and having something done to it. I guess we cant expect them to do everything to their oun cars.
Im one of those guys installing a new hemi in an old mopar. Obviously i have no beef about articals relating to that. I kinda think a mopar magazine should have a good balance stock factory looking cars and modified cars. I had dropped my subscription of Mopar Muscle for awhile about two years back because it seemed that every issue had at least one E-body in it (almost bad as camaros nowadays), one to two b-bodies, and an a-body. Then in the next issues, it would be the same thing but they would change out the a-body for a classic altered wheelbase drag car. All the cars seemed to be stock back then. Stock to me is fine, but not everyone cares how far the over spray goes under a factory car, or what markings are on the differentional. At the same time not everyone cares for putting a new hemi in an old mopar, but its hot right now, and if the magazine doesnt cover it, then they could loose customers. Some might think putting a new hemi in an old car is pricey, but have you seen the amount of money these guys are spending bringing back their cars to factory spec? Wow.
Either way, its true youll find better information on the internet, but if your looking for nice aritcals on stock, and modified cars, Mopar Collectors Guide, Muscle, and Action are all good. I like collectors guide for the parts section and they seem to be the ones pushing the Mopar cruises. I just have Collectors guide now, but would like to pick back up Action an Muscle. I tell ya what, Hot Rod Magazine is very cheap, you can get two years of it for one year of Muscle, and it has upped the amount of Mopars in it. Hot rod has lots of fun aritcals.

All the Mopar mags. seem to be bi-monthly,for the prices they charge they're not worth it,,i receive carcraft and hot rod 3 years for $21.00, not a bad deal and they've both been running more and more Mopar articles the past few years,i also receive Hemmimgs Muscle Machines one of the best mags out there i think...

I like Mopar Muscle..... I like The " young guns ", "rare finds ",and " way back " sections just for the entertainment.... But I am getting tired of the engine challenge that they do...... But there is probably alot to learn from reading the different engine builds...

I gotta go with MOPAR ACTION for the best mopar rag! They have a great selection of mopars, also have more a-bodies than the others. They also add some humor to the articles and don't care if they offend someone by their goofy smart *** remarks! Mopar Collectors Guide is very good too, I like the "survivor" cars in that book, also has lots of 4-sale ads.

I also get Mopar muscle but I hate the cars they feature, always seems to have E-bodies, 69 Chargers, or some other dime-a-dozen car that you see in every other magizine or car show. I DO like those cars but get sick of seeing them eveywhere. I also hate the newer vehicle stuff they have like how to put a computer chip in your diesel truck or some lame *** PT Cruiser tuner car. I do like the engine build off contests and "how to" tech articles for the older cars like installing your own vynal top or brake swaps.

Just my 2 cents!

Mopar Muscle, They've got some good articles on engine builds and I always keep an eye for new parts company advertisements. Also, since they pictures my Demon I guess they got me. Actually this months has a good article on a stroked 383 (431) that looks interesting.

Terry

As for mopar mags my faves are in this order Mopar Muscle, Mopar Enthusiast (anyone got a extra issue #1? I missed it), Mopar Action,and FABO. I have been collecting car mags since I was about 9 (anyone have any Northwest Rod mags, the little ones?). I mainly stick to Mopar mags, Custom and Classic Trucks, Car Kuture Delux, Old Skool Rods, Rebel Rods, Garage, and the little ones from the 50's but I will grab anything that peeks my interest.
My dad collected car mags since the 50's and sold his whole collection of over 80,000 mags. The guy had to rent a 24 foot internatonal box truck with a liftgate and he spent 4 weeks boxing them up.

I am also getting tired of the engine challenge, if I wanted that I would just buy that Engine Builders mag.

and yes I am one of those guys that walks around the swapmeet and pulls out a sheet of paper with all the issues Im missing on it.

360Scamp, does the mopar mag you are looking for have a 68 Cuda S/S on the cover? I think I have it. I got a copy in the mail of that mag, I will check and see if I have the #1 issue, I save all my mags! Keith.

Im not sure, I thought there were only 2 issues out so far. i have the one with the blue 71 charger 500 on the cover Feb/March 2008. I thought the first issue was the one with the red 68 SS dart on the cover? Are there any more issues?

Guess what I found.......you are right, it is a Dart! It is the Dec/Jan 2008 issue, volume 2, issue 1. Send me a PM if you are interested. Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt this thread!

Picture 057.jpg

i prefer mopar muscle, i like the articles and do a good job with the feature cars. Also easy to follow everything. The last time i picked up a Mopar Action, they cut the articles up and you have to flip all through the magazine just to read on article, and they still weren't all color. Half the reason i get these magazines is because i love to look at the cars and see the pictures. A small black and white picture is not what i want to pay for. I also get Collectors guide, and i dont read that as much. Too much of the 1 of 43 cars built type stuff. I wouldn't call my self a collector, but an enthusiast and mopar lover. If an article doesn't interest me i usually dont read it. I skip the fewest articles in Mopar Muscle, making it my favorite.

personally all the mopar ones are getting boring. but out of them i think mopar muscle holds my interest best,,, i like hemmings muscle machines and car craft better then any of the mopar mags...

Mopar Action. Can't beat E-booger's tech! My one complaint about MA is that they tend to focus on big blocks and Hemis too much. Not enough small block tech. I can't remember the last time they had a tech article on a small block. I've emailed Ehrenberg and Cliff Gromer to tell them to do more articles on small blocks, but they never responded.

You guys are all spoiled. Back 25 years ago all there was was Moperformance which really sucked and chrysler Power whick also sucked. Ya gotta realize that they've been writing for a long time about some of the same cars. Hard to keep it fresh. What is available is definitely better than it used to be. My fave? Mopar action. Hands down.

The only Mopar mags I get are. Mopar Muscle and Mopar Collectors
Guide. Good tech in Mopar Muscle. And the adds in the Collectors
guide are great. But I also get Hot Rod. Just to see whats
going on in the rest of the world. Non Mopar.

True, this was #1:

51ZbQQ2N14L._SS500_.jpg

I bought it because it had a survivor 71 Demon 340 in it. :)

yup thats the first, the hemi dart is the second and the blue 71ish charger is the third... next one should be out soon i guess... damn bi-monthly crap screws me up as to when its coming and what month its for..

Since I'm a kinetic learner, I'd probably learn more from this site than a mag. We do get Mopar Muscle though. Don can read and apply.

-
Back