Opinions Wanted

-
Then prep the engine compartment and let him go at it.
He's pretty busy.. About a month or so before he could do anything. Plus, the hassle of getting the car there...especially since there's no suspension or k frame in right now. Believe me, I'd MUCH rather have him do it. Maybe I'll ask if he could bring a compressor over to my garage and do it here..

If it was left alone and the patina kept just as it was it could have been not painted but once you did anything on the outside now you have to match it. nice Detroit sheet metal

I agree...prep as best as you can, than ask if your buddy, can spray it at your house, if at all possible. Entice him with a couple free cases of his favorite beer too....
But have him spray the engine bay
BEFORE he starts drinking the Free Beer... LOL

Me...in the driveway prepping the avatar engine bay for paint. Notice the sand even on the roof!!

IMG_7416.jpg

All ready to go!

20200506_203903.jpg

And THEN all the suspension/K-member pieces came out to get blasted and painted on their own.

Yep...that prep work was NO FUN for sure about 4 years ago. But the rewards are worth it. You'll be glad you did all of it once done!

Me...in the driveway prepping the avatar engine bay for paint. Notice the sand even on the roof!!

View attachment 1716274898

All ready to go!

View attachment 1716274904

And THEN all the suspension/K-member pieces came out to get blasted and painted on their own.

Yep...that prep work was NO FUN for sure about 4 years ago. But the rewards are worth it. You'll be glad you did all of it once

View attachment 1716274898

All ready to go!

View attachment 1716274904

Yep...that prep work was NO FUN for sure about 4 years ago. But the rewards are worth it. You'll be glad you did all of it once done!
Post some finished pix..!

-
Back