Optima battery on sale

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
Advanced Auto Parts is having a sale on these batteries. BTW, put in 1968 plymouth Barracuda with 340 if they want specific car to get the choices pulled up.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...Optima-Batteries_16080022-P_2916_R|GRPBATTAM2_____

I just ordered two 800 CCA 34 series redtops and they are costing $150 each with free shipping or store pickup. There is a rebate which drops another $25 off the price so they will be $125 each. Not bad I think.

You can do it yourself with the code BATX or even better use the referral thingy and I get a little taste and you get a discount that the BATX code stacks on. They will rebate up to 4 batteries at $25 each. Rebate form:

[ame]http://www.optimabatteries.com/rebate/2012%20OPTIMA%20Batteries%20$25%20REBATE%20FORM.pdf[/ame]

Email me at airwoofer at yahoo dot com with your email and I will get them to send you the discount code for the referral. Then add the BATX code after the referral code is put in to get the further discount. The discounts stack and you can still get the rebate.

http://advanceautoparts.tellapal.co...06c69643d31373339383234323836&plid=1739824286

You are welcome!

I have heard these gell batteries main attribute is they can't leak battery acid plus they very visibly shout "high dollar after-market upgrade". Downside is I have heard they aren't as reliable as a standard lead-acid battery. I use a Battery Mat under my regular battery to absorb any leaks.

I've had Optima's for years in all my vehicles yet up until recently where they just die for no reason, I just couldn't find myself to get another one. I did some research on the Internet and picked up a DuraLast non gel at AutoZone with a great guarantee and more cold cranking amps than the Optima has today and I am really satisfied in the four months I've owned the two I needed..

Downside is I have heard they aren't as reliable as a standard lead-acid battery.
That is not true at all. I have had a few of these. The first one I bought was back in 95 I think. Its still alive and strong. I had 2 in my dodge diesel that were 10 years old. They were in it when I sold it. I have a deep cycle that is 8 years old. been charged and recharged numerous times and it still gets'er done. Just bought one for my Cuda! I think they are the best batts out there. Just can be spendy if you dont shop around. I just picked up a 800/1000 cranker for 150 at a parts store here.

Downside is I have heard they aren't as reliable as a standard lead-acid battery.

Where did you hear that???

I've heard people say they get bad ones. That was right after jci took them over. Haven't heard anything bad for a while now.

Mine has been in my dart since 2005 I have ground it down to nothing, let the car sit months at a time during the winter and that baby still starts right up. I have nothing bad to say about my red top.

I've used them succesfully for years. I used to run them in my old '77 Dodge W-150 because when I drove it on steep angles or inclines or bounced around a buch in the mountains the regular batteries got acid all over under the hood and were soon almost empty and non-functional. The gel battery worked so good in that application whenever I need a new battery that is the one I look too. They are more expensive but my experience is that they probably pay out in their long lifespan.

I think I saw an article talking about reliability of these. The bottom line was chargers that weren't designed to charge them. They were fine if you kept then charged but if you left something on completely draining the battery, then hooking up your 30 year old charger sometimes it wouldn't work and people thought the battery was done. A modern charger would bring the battery back to life.

They are on sale at Summit for $170 shipped so you beat that price. I saw a used one on craigslist for $180 firm, so somebody is proud of their Optima LOL!

-
Back