Orange or chrome box troubles

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I am trying to up grade my orange box to a chrome one. the problem Im having is it seams the pins are a hair larger on chrome box, So how do I get the plug on? Can you pull the pins outof the one box and use them in the other so the plug will fit. I cant believe Im having this much trouble changing a box we put a brand new motor in less than a day. HELP PLEASE with any sugestions. thanks alot. expecially rumblefish.

I always used chrysler electronic ignition since the 70's. It Hasn't changed Over the years. I don't think this ignition precedes cordless phone's, After my first MSD ignition I will never go back to a chrysler system. With the MSD digital 6, you can lock your distributor and the box does the 20 degree initial on its own . There are so many new high tech ignitions out there. Would you replace your tires with the bias tires from the 70's. You can keep the chrysler distributor just up grade the box. You will not believe the difference.

Hum... I've never had a problem swapping boxes. You can't take them apart and swap pins cause their all sealed up. Make sure none of the pins are bent. If even one is bent it may prohibit it from going together. If no pins are bent you must have gotten a defective box. Can you take it back where you bought it?

I bought it from summit no problemtaking it back but this is the second one same problem, plug will not go on.

take the plug off and look down in the center were the screw goes threw and make sure it dont have one of the little nuts stuck up in it i had that happan when i pulled the plug on the old one the little nut from the old one was still stuck in there so when tryed to put it on wouldnt slide on worth a try i guess

Hmmm. Weird. I haven't ever had an issue with the pins and lug not lining up. If it works on one, should work on all...

I've never had a problem swapping the two out. Perhaps something is cast wrong? Do you have a spare harness or a friend with a Chrysler system where you can try the boxes on another car?

had to use a lot of wd 40 and pushed and wiggeled real hard but I got it on tonight and it starts anddrives again. thanks I went to a chrysler shop and tried there plug on my module and went theres went on I justfigured Idemake it work.

-
Back