original color or not ?

-

superbirdrag

Reaction score
I have two gts darts . One i have the original power train and no fender tag . The second I have the fender tag and no power train. I believe I know the original color of both . Which car is better to paint the color I want ?

7043EC03-7E7A-4539-9FB9-DBCA6A0376F1.jpeg
Wife’s car wasn’t numbers matching made it ours

A total color change is hard to do right.
What condition are they and are they complete with matching numbers etc. other than the fender tag on one?
Do you have broadcast sheets for them?
That being said, I would do the car or cars your way if you decide to keep them.
The one that has the fender tag will always be worth more if it is kept and restored as original as possible, but ultimately, it's your call.
Just my 2 cents...........
How about showing us some pics?

I'm going through this with mine. I tore it all apart. I do have all doc's. But, I'm keeping my original color. However, I do think if mine was an ugly color with it all apart. I would change colors. Mine is a pretty color.

So , the car with the fender tag and no motor or trans is worth more to build the original colour than the car without the fender tag but has the matching numbers motor/trans ?

So , the car with the fender tag and no motor or trans is worth more to build the original colour than the car without the fender tag but has the matching numbers motor/trans ?
What colors were they? Obviously the one without a drive train can never be a numbers matching car. Are you trying to build a 100point restoration? If you have all the info, you can get a tag made.

They are your cars, you do what you want. If worried about resale then you have thing about color chance.
what year GTS and auto or 4 speed cars?

The interiors are both white buckets . I am doing rotisserie on both. Both are 4 spd cars.

It all depends if you are building both for resale.
If you like red then paint them that way.
They're your cars, build them the way you want. (It looks like you have your mind made up already anyway)
Resale red is always a good choice, no matter what you decide on..............

I felt your pain awhile back. B5 blue or a red? Car would have been pretty either color. But that Red

BB92BFE1-0B47-49D0-8861-8352CF4194B6.jpeg

974BA3F3-6B0F-405D-A9D6-7675B49D637D.jpeg

-
Back