Original look tyres for big block 69 'Cuda??

-

cgfen

Reaction score
As we put the car together, we will probably have two sets of wheels / tyres.

One set will be 14" ralleys with BFG radial T/As.

One set will be body colored 5 1/2" wide steelies with dog dish. Will probably use E70X14s for these wheels.
I want to go with original look bias ply tyres for these wheels.

Please let me know if you know what tyres came on these cars in 69 and I'll try to but something similar from Coker or?
  • Firestone Wide Ovals, either RWL or pinstripe?
  • Something else?

Thanks

Craig

Attachments

• P1010218.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 190
I think Coker will be your best choice for that. Sorta costly, but they have the correct tires.

I second to call Coker:coffee2: Great products and people to deal with on vintage wheels and tires!

Dave,

Here are the tires that would come on a 69 Barracuda.

Attachments

• 69 tires.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 127
Cgfen, the E70x14 redlines from Coker would look great on your car. They are bias ply so you wont have the handling like a radial but you have the BFs for that. I think the redline bias ply on steel wheels with dog dishes look best on our cars. I'm doing pretty much the same thing with mine, 14"small bolt pattern slots with cooper cobras for the street and 5.5 steelies with redlines for looks. They make a BF with redline but its expensive-like 100 dollars more per tire. I also bought a pair of 15x7 sbp polished slots from a member on here for some sticky tires.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and craigerlitz, thanks for the screen shot.

cheers

Craig

-
Back