Original radio appearence with new radio performance

-

Cruisingram

Reaction score
I heard there was a company making replica radios that looked like my thumbwheel radio but was actually modern behind it- I just was a good deck that has AM FM like original but an aux cord so my wife can listen to her tunes on her phone?

There was one that was better than retrosound redondo. I will try to remember which brand, but it looks exactly factory.

Heres the 2 different radios. I know the redondo was pretty rough to fit into an A body rallye dash. First pic is the redondo. Base what you want on features, price, and how its gonna look in the hole. Or leave the stock AM in the hole not hooked up to fill the dash, and check out woodyscustomshop. They have 2 and 4 channel amplifier boxes with bluetooth and or USB capability that are a little bigger than a cigarette pack. Hide it anywhere, use your I phone or android to run it.

Screenshot_20210211-180916_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-180747_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-180819_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210116-082909_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210116-083153_Samsung Internet.jpg

Classic works with I pod, MP3 , or satellite radio. I was looking pretty hard at those woodys amplifier boxes.

Last edited:
Bluetooth amplifier. $40 on Amazon. Works great. Hook it up to 12v and your speakers & forget the radio. Controls everything from your phone. Lots of different types available
227923DD-BA57-46C3-9EDC-199FE1C09F3C.jpeg

Bluetooth amplifier. $40 on Amazon. Works great. Hook it up to 12v and your speakers & forget the radio. Controls everything from your phone. Lots of different types available View attachment 1715688171

My wife absolutely hates anything wireless, wants something that uses an aux cord. Part of the reason we got the dart is no computers, no electronics to speak of LOL- but she does want a stereo, pretty simple not too crazy, that uses an aux cord.

The only thing that is a tad annoying about the Bluetooth amplifier I have is that it has a wake up message when you start the car. If the volume is turned up all the way all the time like mine is, it announces itself pretty loud.

Ditto for the woodys amp. It has an aux input. One of the reasons I am interested in it. Bluetooth is ok, but I prefer an aux cable myself. You can see the Male-Male aux cord in the pic. Ditto on the simplicity of these old A bodies. Then I see people putting in EFI, throttle by wire, power windows, power locks, CANBUS electronics, and I'm scratching my head going why?? That wrecks the whole reason why you buy one in the first place, because it's simple to maintain, and cheap and easy to repair.

Last edited:
-
Back