original radio wireing

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
i am trying to put my new radio/ cd player in my 75 scamp. i found what i thought to be the original wires. one is green w/ black tracer and the other is black. could these be original power and ground wires? i have looked in all my wireing diagrams and have not found any thing for the radio.

also what will the remote, and illumonation wires go to from my deck. i think the remote was just for a amp but cant remember completly
thanks

try:
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=28
The diagram for the 75 doesn't show it but on the 73 diagram it's there but it's just one connector to the radio ( one tiny little box on the diagram) page two toward the top
Switched power should be a 2 socket female connector with orange and red wires. for the radio illumination/dimmer line, tap the ash tray light. Run a separate wire (fusible) to the battery for the constant/memory to keep the load away from the ign switch.
The remote is for a power antenna or amp switch on when the radio is turned on

ops, nevermind....you wouldn't use switched power for memory..that's what happens when I think faster than I type :)

Red is radio power from fuse. Orange is the light in the radio. Gren and black are speaker wires.
Aftermarket radio memory needs hot at all times so get that at the horn fuse. Anywhere EXCEPT THE BRAKE LIGHT CIRCUIT !

-
Back