Original Super Stock HEMI Dart LO23

-
I wonder if that Lambeck car has a narrowed axle and tubs?

Hard to tell. Possibly the 52.5" axel. Slightly shorter than the B-Dana. Not the 44.5" axel since wheels have a lot of backspacing.
Definitely leaf springs moved in to the frame rails. Probably also wheel wells moved in to frame, since the tires are so close to the leaf springs.

LO23 car of Jim Wick and Jim Jezwinski. It had a couple different paint jobs. Not sure if they bought it new ?

hemi-JezwinskiDart2.jpg

Widowmaker_68_Dodge_Dart.jpg

FB_IMG_1538319834388.jpg

After a disappointing first round loss at the Dodge Nationals at Maple Grove, Chuck and Steve Comella get a win at their local track in their LO23 car on the way home.
This weekend, as defending champs, the Comellas are in the delayed final at the Dutch Classic shootout with their four speed Barracuda.
Photo from the Comella Racing Facebook page.
UPDATE: Steve spun the tires, and lost to the seemingly unstoppable Jimmy Daniels, who ran 8.415 @ 155.90.

Last edited:
I worked for Jezwinski and crewed for him and Wick off and on for a few years. Jezwinski owned this car. He bought it from another racer in the area. I think I remember his name but I'm not sure so I won't say. I can, however, tell you it was called the "Hemi a Go-Go" when he purchased it.

Steve Comella breaks out in his LO23 Dart, and loses in the S/S final at last weekend's NHRA Virginia Nationals. :(

Steve Comella 2019 Virginia Nats final.jpg

View attachment 1715229676
After a disappointing first round loss at the Dodge Nationals at Maple Grove, Chuck and Steve Comella get a win at their local track in their LO23 car on the way home.
This weekend, as defending champs, the Comellas are in the delayed final at the Dutch Classic shootout with their four speed Barracuda.
Photo from the Comella Racing Facebook page.
UPDATE: Steve spun the tires, and lost to the seemingly unstoppable Jimmy Daniels, who ran 8.415 @ 155.90.

8.41/155.90 ------------!!

Original owner Chuck Comella with his son Steve, driver, won the Division 1 bracket race, err, Super Stock championship at Cecil County today.
They run a non-B029 Barracuda stick car in the Hemi Challenges.

FB_IMG_1566175526092.jpg

FB_IMG_1566175749235.jpg

Last edited:
^^Amazing that some of this stuff survives after all these years. After all, these ain't daily drivers LOL

It's been a VERY long time since I've been on this site & thrilled that there's an explicit LO23 thread started since, as some may know, I've built three clones and enjoyed every one. Which is kind of why I'm here.
My present car I just can't seem to keep cool enough for street use so I'm looking for suggestions(pm me as it's too long a story if you'd like to help) . But the other reason is relatively simple. It's been some time since I've done any real mods to the car & I'm thinking of some front-end improvements. Anyone familiar with "Gerst" suspensions? I've viewed the website and it all seems good but I'd really like to hear from someone that's actually used his stuff. I suppose I could ask him but my suspicion is I'd only get referenced to people who had no complaints/issues with the stuff & I know nothing is ever as simple as it seems...…...Sooooo anyone know anything about them?

Wow guys I'd think someone would have answered this man already.... Hopefully someone will now.

MAPS

PS Waiting for info for my interest as well...

AWESOME...
What's even more phenomenal is that the majority of members most probably were not even born before that year..
You have to love those years, even though I was a kid and my fist car in the mid eighties was a7o Cuda 440 six pack shaker car, which by today's muscle car extreme hp don't even compare the fun we had with this cars will never be repeated.
Thanks for the memories..

MAPS

Today's toy..

847EDA24-8FA3-4075-8202-8CADA2BFEF39.jpeg

To some degree but in all fairness to my pocket I was a fool to let this car go (early 90 s)
30,000 miles on it,
4 speed,
Electric windows
Tilt 6 way seats,
Shaker car,
Rear window louvers with Trunk lid spoiler.
Light package,map light etc.
Front rear speakers,rear debugger,
Only option missing was the Hemi and high impact colour (original B5)

I could have had good money for it today... "Oh well...That's life"
But I still love my lil A body now...

It's been a VERY long time since I've been on this site & thrilled that there's an explicit LO23 thread started since, as some may know, I've built three clones and enjoyed every one. Which is kind of why I'm here.
My present car I just can't seem to keep cool enough for street use so I'm looking for suggestions(pm me as it's too long a story if you'd like to help) . But the other reason is relatively simple. It's been some time since I've done any real mods to the car & I'm thinking of some front-end improvements. Anyone familiar with "Gerst" suspensions? I've viewed the website and it all seems good but I'd really like to hear from someone that's actually used his stuff. I suppose I could ask him but my suspicion is I'd only get referenced to people who had no complaints/issues with the stuff & I know nothing is ever as simple as it seems...…...Sooooo anyone know anything about them?
Well, here it is, 2021 & I still haven't received ANY response.:( Okay, so my best solution at this point is : "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". So I still have my stock front-end on it and I still have an overheating problem, although it was relieved a tiny bit by drilling holes in the shroud. I'm going to have to go back & see if "Gerst" is even still in business & possibly use tthem----------- unless someone has a better idea?

Hey. Dedicated pages to those s/s cars is a great idea. I had a very fast one years ago, although it wasn't a s/s. It was a '69 Dart GTS bracket car.
What was the e.t.s of those cars as they were made from the Hurst facility?
I take it, the Dual Gate His and Hers shifter is original to the automatic ones? Curious to know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey. Dedicated pages to those s/s cars is a great idea. I had a very fast one years ago, although it wasn't a s/s. It was a '69 GTS bracket car.
What was the e.t.s of those cars as they were made from the Hurst facility?
I take it, the Dual Gate His and Hers shifter is original to the automatic ones? Curious to know. Thanks.
Yes, the Hurst dual gate is the original shifter that was used in these cars...

11.20's right out of the box, but that is with slicks and a thorough thrashing to make sure everything was done correctly and a little more safety stuff thrown at it, low tens with a weekend of work...

-
Back