Orlando Florida What To See?

-

megajoltman

Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP
Reaction score
Flying out of Seattle tomorrow for Orlando, any suggestions of what to see and do besides disney world & universal studios????

Drive over to Kissimmee and take a ride on the worlds tallest sky coaster ( giant swing you lay down in like at the fair) except its 300 feet tall. You hit speeds of 80+ mph. Quite the ride.

Of course Wallie World and drive down to Daytona beech, Also Coco Beach. There was a restaurant close to where we were staying that had all kinds of race cars in it. They had one of John Forces Mustangs hanging from the ceiling. Orlandos a fun place You shouldn't have a hard time finding stuff to do.

I 2nd the NASA tour. Do the big one, it's worth it. You'll need to dedicate at least a whole day and maybe the next morning.
BTW it's bike week in Daytona so you may want to steer clear of that mess.

Garlic museum! The place is amazing. You won't regret the time it takes to get there. Been there four times and will go back again someday.

Coacoa beach is always good also.

There's also a water park near Sea World that looks cool! I think that there are two water parks.

Universal stays open later than most of the other 'tourist traps', and you can hang out in the food joints/bars after 8PM.

If you want to have some extra fun, get a regular air horn (not the mini) and when people get in your way, honk your horn. You should see them JUMP!!!

Try the Big Fin restaurant in Orlando, they have great seafood! Worth the money.

http://www.opentable.com/big-fin-seafood-kitchen

As mentioned, Kennedy space center.

they also have a place that gives helicopter rides. I didn't do that, but saw them overhead.

X 3 on the Drag Race Hall Of Fame owned by Big Daddy Don Garlits
Totally awesome if you like cars !!

Don't know what your after. Just you? Kids? How long?
Here's something different-
http://www.medievaltimes.com/orlando.aspx

We were told that the 'Arabian Knights' show was supposed to be better. The show was ok, but the food sucked!

However when they called for a volunteer from the audience, they picked a young adult female in gray yoga pants. When she got on the horse, her pants split up the seam and you could see her green underwear (no thong). When she got off the horse and one of the actors told her about her pants, she ran out of the arena very embarrassed. LOL!

The show was ok. but the food was garbage. My friend who was with us is a much better cook than they are....

Thanks guys, how about good restaurants?

I'm going to be there 2 weeks with my seven year old daughter and her mom. I'm hoping to have a few days free from them though lol, no wheels unless I rent a car.

Thanks guys, how about good restaurants?

I'm going to be there 2 weeks with my seven year old daughter and her mom. I'm hoping to have a few days free from them though lol, no wheels unless I rent a car.

I posted this one earlier. We liked it so much the first year that we went, we went back 3 times the next year that we went.

Try the Big Fin restaurant in Orlando, they have great seafood! Worth the money.

http://www.opentable.com/big-fin-seafood-kitchen

There's also a Hard Rock at Universal that's open past 10 PM and they sell a bunch of sports jerseys there especially basketball ones.

Universal also has other restaurants that are open late after the park closes.

You will need to rent a car to get to Kennedy space center (approx 45 min - 1 hour drive), Coacoa beach is also another 45 minute drive. (Both have like $10 in tolls to get there - or make both in one day as they are not that far from each other). If you drive to Universal, then you can hang out as long as you like.

You will also need a car to get to the Garlits museum. 45 min in the other direction. I kept saying on the next trip, and didn't get there. Got in too big of a hurry to get back home to catch it on my return trips both times. But regret not getting there. The second trip, on the day we left, they got some rain, and 7 accidents on the freeways, had some closed down for a couple of hours (?). People drive better up here in the snow... So we had to wait 3 hours for the freeway to clear before we left. Next time....

Another place to eat is the Kissimmee Steak House. It's on Erlo Bronson. (not sure of that spelling) It was great the last time I was there, but there is a line-up to get in most of the time.

Jack

Awesome guys, sitting here waiting in a flight delay to San Fran, look like it's going to be a run to make our connecting flight to Orlando.

Well you could go visit my mom she is only about 40 minutes away

Really there is a lot to do in the area.

Pick up info at air port or hotel

Been to Garlits and would make the trip if I were you.

Since Pat has passed Don may or may not be there. Many people have met him there.

Right before the entrance to Disney on RT192(?) is "Old Town". They have a weekly car show there on Saturday nights that will blow your socks off.
It is the same place the NCRS holds the Winter Regional every January.
WELL worth going to see the cars, and there are a lot of restaurants right there to eat at. There are some really nice cars in Florida.

George

You must see the Don Garlits museum. Must see it. Don't cheat yourself. If you only see one thing in Florida, and it is the Don Garlits museum, you haven't missed anything important. NASA can wait. But near nasa is a mini air museum as well.

X3 or X4 on the Garlits Museum. Also, Celebration Tavern in Celebration for great clam chowder! Fantasy of Flight, a real live outdoor airplane museum, about a half hour west of Orlando - lots of WWII planes, all in flying condition.

Universal is excellent. We stood at Royal Pacific Resort. Boat, buss, or walk to the park. Onsite opens early. I recommend the "fast pass" (or whatever they are called) if you're into the ride stuff unless you don't mind waiting a lot.
If you're up to a drive Bush Gardens in Tampa is a lot of fun. Decent coasters, a water park, and my favorite free beer samples at the hospitality pavilion last time we were there.
http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/attractions/?from=Top_Nav

A little further west you can hit the gulf beach for the sunset.

We'll the first week is almost up must say besides the 2 inches of rain yesterday the weather has been awesome. The Disney staff has been great very friendly, helpful and pleasent to deal with.

Fastpass+ is a must to get on the most popular rides or see the shows you want without waiting in a huge line.

Since we're staying at a Disney resort we have their meal plan which is a good thing because food and drinks can sure add up fast $$$$$.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 92
-
Back