Osprey video

-

justcuz

Reaction score
Hard to believe this Osprey got 5-6 fish at a time and then got a flounder under 3 feet of water and made off with what looks to be a 5+ lbs steel head. Have you ever seen a bird shake water off like a dog does? Wouldn't want to get in its way when its eyes are locked onto you and his talons in the "load" position! It's talons are amazing!
There are 3 sequences in this one video:
1st sequence - catches half a dozen fish in one strike.
2nd sequence - plunges talons into deep water to grab the prey.
3rd sequence - captures a big old fish that looks as if it weighs more than he does! This is incredible to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nA3LtXnNIto?feature=player_embedded

Wow, great video there:cheers:
C

That was great to watch this morning justcuz, Thank you for sharing !!

That's bad ***. Natural selection at it's finest. I love the last shot; kinda looks like it's skateboarding on the fish.

Thanks for the cool share! I was fishing once lazily sitting on the tail gate of my suburban when an osprey flew less than 10 feet over my head from behind, scared the heck out of me, he was after a perch I didn't even see out in the water in front of me, he got it. It was so cool.

Eagles fly out over the Ohio River and snatch up some monsters. Cool as the dickens to watch, scary too. That was a cool video! I like watching stuff like that. Nature video's are neat as hell.

We have Osprey here in MN, they are a beautiful bird to watch and I can say I've seen them go for prey. Thanks for that video it was nice to watch

Amazing birds, I have watched a dozen plus of my koi fish plucked from my pond in the last 15 years . My big ones are 24-26 inches. The ospreys are twice as agressive as the eagles and very rarely leave without a snack. The eagles and osprey as I have watched always carry the fish off head first and tail fin waggin!

-
Back