Our fellow FABO member's 69 Cuda A57 is featured on GYC tonight 4-6-21

-
For me in Finleyville, 57 minutes. 43 toll road to I-70 to 66 toll road to 22. I don't hit a traffic light til 22. Stay off the Parkway and 22.

Also... Freebird is 1/8 mile.
Wanna make a day of it ? Quaker City is right about an hour too. You can stop at Rogers for the flea market. It's way bigger thanTrader Jacks and Quaker City is a beautiful track.

Sadly, there appear to be no Drag strips close to Pittsburgh. Keystone is about 2 hours East of Pittsburgh and the Steubenville Ohio track is probably 2 hours West. maybe someday a Drag strip will come back to my area of Southwestern PA.

Yeah Keystone is alittle over an hour for me. My buddy just ran at Beaver Springs this weekend, it's two hours from us. Closest was old Peterson's, but it's been closed for years. Sucks, but not much we can do about it. Have to go tho as attendance is what keeps them open.

I just happened to see this tonight. Thanks for sharing it, @jimharvard. I haven’t got the Barracuda back yet but I still have hope. The deal I had was a set price, I think that is the draw. Hard to get a shop to do that. Not paying for a #1 type restoration. I just wanted to bring the car back to life. Mark has had it since January 2014. It was supposed to be done in two years, well that is water under the bridge now. On the upside, I have ‘met’ a few nice folks on here. Some have helped with parts and knowledge. I purchased NOS emblems from @davescuda and he even made templates for Mark to drill the holes in the fenders! The fenders had been replaced with factory pieces back in the day due to rust and never mounted emblems. I bought a pair of BB Exhaust Manifolds from another member, all nice people. Other members spotted some errors in time to be corrected which I really appreciate. Another really cool thing was that I got in contact with owners two and three through the show. The second owner bought it as a used car in December 1970. He even sent me the sales invoice, $1,995 plus tax and some old photos.

Last edited:
I just happened to see this tonight. Thanks for sharing it, @jimharvard. I haven’t got the Barracuda back yet but I still have hope. The deal I had was a set price, I think that is the draw. Hard to get a shop to do that. Not paying for a #1 type restoration. I just wanted to bring the car back to life. Mark has had it since January 2014. It was supposed to be done in two years, well that is water under the bridge now. On the upside, I have ‘met’ a few nice folks on here. Some have helped with parts and knowledge. I purchased NOS emblems from @davescuda and he even made templates for Mark to drill the holes in the fenders! The fenders had been replaced with factory pieces back in the day due to rust and never mounted emblems. I bought a pair of BB Exhaust Manifolds from another member, all nice people. Other members spotted some errors in time to be corrected which I really appreciate. Another really cool thing was that I got in contact with owners two and three through the show. The second owner bought it as a used car in December 1970. He even sent me the sales invoice, $1,995 plus tax and some old photos.

hi Cuda Dad... your car is being assembled on tonight's GYC (April 27, 2021) and boy does it look beautiful. i not sure i could have waited 7 years for this restoration (my M-Code was with American Metal Direct for 1 year) but i have to say, your car is going to be the star of EVERY car cruise or show you take it to!!

i hope all goes well to the finish line and that you share a lot of pics with us here on FABO.

I don't think I would have signed up for this long either. It just worked out that way. I will be more than happy to post pictures once I am able. It should be a lot of fun as I plan to drive the heck out of it!

-
Back