Our Friend is in Need Part II - Powder Coating Gift Certificate Up for Bid

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
This oughtta be it's own thread. It will get buried unless yall bring it out by itself.

So be it!

Unless you live under a rock next door to those Geico guys, you may have seen a couple threads lately concerning help for our member Bruce Budbill, 7071GTReg, who has been undergoing chemotherapy and spending nearly every dime on medications the last few months.

I'm offering up a $75.00 PSC Gift Certificate for open auction with all proceeds going to Bruce to help defray his medical expenses.

I'll get Leanna's auction going with $50.
C

As you can see, a $50 bid has already been placed by clhyer (thank you!) in the original thread where I first posted the auction announcement but all other bids should be here in this thread for convenience / ease of organization.

The auction will conclude on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. Central Time with the gift certificate going to the highest bidder.

I know in past benefit auctions these PSC Gift Certificates have typically gone for well above face value; it's become customary on my part to perform work equal to the highest bid rather than the listed amount.

Thanks FABO!

Hey DareDevil, I saw your bid and comment on the other thread. Just letting everybody know there is no expiration date on this one. If I'm still kickin, then it's going to be honored. :-D

Thanks for all the bids guys! I talked to Bruce this afternoon and can tell you all he really appreciates this.

hey guys, me and cudachick have talked, and i am going to bump the gift card up to 100.00. so now, you are bidding on a 100.00 powder-coating gift card!. hope it helps bruce.:)

Way to go guys, Im extremely broke with no work, but I sent Waggs some $$ for him. Bump to help the bids

$200 for the gift card. It's least I can do for a fellow member in need. I worked a buttload of overtime this week too and it would be nice to know that my work is going to a worthy cause.

wow, this is great guys!. shoot, i think the bid is still at 125.00, so i will bid 215.00 on the 200.00 gift card............................. for now.lol come on guys!

We need to be clear on this. Is the BID at 250 or the gift card amount been raised to 250? Either way, that needs to be clear from here on out. Thanks for the great response either way.

Thanks to 340plot, the face value of the Gift Certificate is now $100 rather than $75. Thanks to Ramcharger, the highest bid is at $250.

Thanks to 340plot, the face value of the Gift Certificate is now $100 rather than $75. Thanks to Ramcharger, the highest bid is at $250.

Thanks for clearin that up. That's awesome.

^^ yes, thats correct, i do not know what i was thinking.lol

leanna, when r u going to end it?lol

No one will get this gift cert but me. This is going to hurt, but no where near the hurt that Bruce is going through.

$500 for some powdercoating. Leanna, I've got the Duster on dollies now so it's getting close.....

Bruce, keep the faith in whatever manner is closest to your heart.

Nothingbutdarts, you know me and it's the least I can do. You even fed me when I was down and out. I'll never forget that either.

"OK...... hit the post button ramcharger". That's the Angel on my shoulder, lol. I won't tell you what the devil's saying... ;)

Man, you are one hell of a guy. That's all I got.

-
Back