Out of stock six pack installation kits!

-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
Help! I ordered two kits now from two different sources. Both called days later to cancel the order because there is a national back order of 19 kits and have no projection of when they will be available. Allusa Motorsports said it may not be available for a year if even then.

Do I need to build this kit piece by piece myself? Do anyone have a valid source?

Thank! Bryan:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes,but yikes! The other ones I ordered were $217 and$249. Wow - $389!!! Maybe I should try to piece together one on my own?

I hate getting hosed.

Thanks for the eBay tip!

You asked for a valid source, you got one.....You wanna play you might have to pay....maybe the ones you ordered were less $$ because they do not exist??

You could piece that kit together for alot less $$ IMO. $390 is crazy money for that stuff.......Unless you're doing a concours resto?

That's Mopar Performance for ya & it get's worse & worse as years go by. We all must be whacked right?

Yup, it sucks but if you buy the kit, you have it all. Lots of time will be spent searching for good parts, original stuff is usually more for restorations. Plus, if you find used on eBay, and get out bid, you have to start over. That sucks that kit is so much......maybe you will get lucky, just keep looking. If I come across any more I will shoot you a PM.

bowl gaskets...metering block gasket...needle and seat are all standard holley parts...power valve is the same as any holley 4 barrel...

the main body to base plate is any 2300 series holley..and same with gasket under the carb on the manifold...

Still looking. I didn't jump on the eBay listings quick enough and now they are all gone. I priced out individual pieces and they tally up to a hair over the $389 kit price. Hosed again.

If anyone sees one for any price, let me know please.

amazon.com has a bunch ... at least they say in stock

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Throttle-Linkage-Plymouth-Barracuda-Challenger/dp/B006UYCVQG/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1349920022&sr=1-13&keywords=mopar+six+pack"]Amazon.com: 340 6-Pack Throttle Linkage Set for 1970 1971 Plymouth Barracuda & Dodge Challenger: Automotive[/ame]

This is not the installation kit. It is missing the fuel lines, the choke, the coil bracket and mount. Their kit is being sold for $258, while the pieces it includes can be bought in pieces for $165.

I'll hold on for a while longer before buying individual pieces.

Thanks though and let me know if anyone finds complete kits.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered it, but this is the third time I've ordered a kit. The other two times, they called me and cancelled the order - saying the backlog time was too long for them to hold open the order.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks again Mopardude and Duster360!

Struck out again! They emailed this morning to say it was out of stock and super long wait.

Any other ideas?

Sorry Badsport, I overlooked your previous post by accident. I called them today and they say they have one in stock. With. $20 off Christmas discount, the cost is $329. This is much better than buying all the pieces individually!:blob::blob::blob:

Thanks Badsport and FABO! I'll let you know if they call me back to say it is out of stock like the other guys did.

Looks like Jims. But I would like to know for sure also. If they are that hard to come by I would like to go ahead and get one, cause I will need it by spring.

Yes, it was Jim's who had it and yes, they are very hard to find.

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions!!!

-
Back