overpriced axles?

-

cooltx

Reaction score
I have a '72 duster with a sbp 8 and 3/4. I picked up a '74 parts car for all the change over stuff( discbrakes, backing plates, brake hubs,etc.). I called Moser today to order axles and told the guy what I had and what I wanted new axles with bearings installed with 7/16 lugs and was told the price would be 445.00. This seemed High to me , what do you guys think?

That,s the going rate!I paid that then shipping to Canada$$.Yukons,I,ve heard are to short.Also,go with 1/2 inch studs.

Why do you want 7/16 studs? The BBP axles use 1/2 inch studs. This may make the price a little higher but keep in mind you are getting axles, studs, bearings, retainers and retaining plates too, not just axles. It may be a little cheaper yet if you install those items yourself.

BTW I'd get the screw in studs instead of the pressed ones if I had it to do over again. Much easier to install and change.

no problems using 1/2 inch lugs, I just thought the fronts were 7/16. I'll go check them.

you're right Guitar my front rotors are 1/2 inch.

I've had the Moser axles in my Duster for over 15 years without a problem. When I cut down the rear for the Scamp I sent them back to Moser to have them shortened and resplined. They are still good.

I have a '72 duster with a sbp 8 and 3/4. I picked up a '74 parts car for all the change over stuff( discbrakes, backing plates, brake hubs,etc.). I called Moser today to order axles and told the guy what I had and what I wanted new axles with bearings installed with 7/16 lugs and was told the price would be 445.00. This seemed High to me , what do you guys think?
ok did u want green bearing and u said u wanted new axles what kinda did u want wont the 74 duster maybe have the 8/34 axles u want just asking before u go bashing

I'd go with the ones from Moser they cost more then axles from other places,but not all that much considering the quality your getting,but are well worth the price,i run a pair in my duster...

i the yukons in my car with green brgs cost like 330 shipped i love them fit great and are a really nice piece

I got my 35 spline Moser axles and a spool a few years back for about $320....I think.

-
Back