Overpriced LD340

-
LOL!! Well, it does have a Mopar part# on it, and it is powder-coated!! Surely that's worth something !!! Looking at the list of other mannys He/She is selling, must be
working on that swap meet retirement plan!!

I know these have been going up in price lately, but this has to be the highest I have ever seen.

Ahhh, hemiegeorge...............!! Hmmmm, what's frightening is look at the other "like" listings, Geebuz!! I had no idea I possessed so many "RARE" things, could've paid
for My last car with them it seems!!!

Ahhh, hemiegeorge...............!! Hmmmm, what's frightening is look at the other "like" listings, Geebuz!! I had no idea I possessed so many "RARE" things, could've paid
for My last car with them it seems!!!
I best get to powdercoating I guess.:rofl:

George is a good guy to deal with. I have purchased from him and been very satisfied.

That said, FWIW, I think 300 bucks is over priced for an LD340. Especially when you can get an Air Gap that will out flow it for about the same money.

Plenty of over priced stuff right on this forum. But, it's OTHER PEOPLES' STUFF so they can ask whatever they want. All you gotta do is not buy it, if you don't want it.

That is cheap, I paid $1200 for mine, but it had a "rebuilt" 340 attached.

George is a good guy to deal with. I have purchased from him and been very satisfied.

That said, FWIW, I think 300 bucks is over priced for an LD340. Especially when you can get an Air Gap that will out flow it for about the same money.

Plenty of over priced stuff right on this forum. But, it's OTHER PEOPLES' STUFF so they can ask whatever they want. All you gotta do is not buy it, if you don't want it.
I'm sure if the piece has no gouges/flaws, the holes & threads are all spectacular, then add the powder-coating Leanna might give perspective on the $$$ for such
@CudaChick1968 it may fit the bill for a resto....but I still think that's 3 bills over the top at that.

Well, time to get bead blastin' & dressin' the 318 Poly dual-quad intake, I need a 6spd for the convertible!!

Well, if someone pays that much...then it was worth that much.

Basic economics.

I brought this same manifold up a few months ago, unless he had two "rare" LD340.

Let me slip a question in here, any reason to plug the EGR ports in the plenum of a factory 72-73 340 intake manifold? Thanks.

Update note: There is no separate EGR valve on the '72 system, just the ports in the intake manifold that have no control over them except the size hole that is drilled in the fittings. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am not familiar with the '73 system.

Last edited:
Hey, how about $500 for a cast 340 intake or $225 for a cast 360? This is click-bait bullshit. It gets you to look but that's as far as you go. I remember a guy here or there that was selling stuff for 10X what I would price it at, eg. stock valve covers for $150, wheel trim rings for $200 or some other crazy price. I asked him in a PM if he was serious about his pricing and he offered the part to me for 1/2 of what he was asking, I said that was still twice what I would pay and left it at that. I try not to let that stuff bug me but its hard......

I brought this same manifold up a few months ago, unless he had two "rare" LD340.

Let me slip a question in here, any reason to plug the EGR ports in the plenum of a factory 72-73 340 intake manifold? Thanks.
Yep, if You never intend to use an EGR valve, I brazed the one in the floor of the 440TQ intake I modded up....done.

Well, if someone pays that much...then it was worth that much.

Basic economics.
True, throw a handful of people with more money than brains into the pool, then it's worth that to 3.5% of the demand & 90% of the supply.....do that math.

People pay way too much for these.

They have some misconception that since it's got a Chrysler part number they are going to get a "pass" at it being stock. Or semi stock.

Same people must believe in being "sorta" pregnant.

And they believe its significantly superior to the Performer RPM or Air Gap... sorry, it's not.

He has had that intake up for sale for about a year now. It’s a joker price.

P.T.Barnum once said, “There’s a sucker born every minute.” when he was asked about his circus acts.

Sooner or later, so *** will find that seat. He should then be arrested, tarred & feathered for taking advantage of the mentally challenged.
:lol:

You would be wrong! Lol. George lives down the freeway a few exits from me. He's a great dude and his stuff is nice. I wouldn't pay his prices on most stuff but other people definitely do. An *** for every seat, I suppose.

I knew somebody on here had dealt with him directly. I had forgotten it was you! He's done me dead right on everything I ever got from him. Even threw some extra stuff in once. Never had a problem with him.

That intake has been powder coated real nice, too. How much does that cost? Add that to the intake price and he's not far off.

It's worth what it sells for, no more no less. We have all paid "too much" in our eyes and "too little" in the eyes of the seller.

There was one for $75 at Don Garlits last year.

I almost bought it to mark up to $150 and take $140.

I thought the math was wrong at first, but what he means is he (YY1) would discount the asking price by $10 and only collect $140 (profit $65 instead of the projecte $75). In other words, not quite double his money.

-
Back