Overspray on exhaust tips

-

73DartSport340

Reaction score
When my car was painted they got a bunch of the red oversprayed on the exhaust tips....other than the overspray they seem to be in decent shape no pitting or anything major....what should/can I do to "fix" this instead of picking up new tips($91 a set). just use paint thinner on them? and then polish them out? or is there something im overlooking?

are they stainless steel or the chrome? stainless you can use some very fine steel wool w/ thinner and follow with a nice polish. you have to be careful with chrome. don't use anything too harsh or it will turn the chrome. maybe just the fine steel wool with some soap and water. finish with a good polish.

I would use some laquer thinner to get them off. That will take it off with no problems. Shouldn't leave any marks on them. Just make sure that it is fully dried.

i use would use thiner. if that doesnt work i would move onto steel wool with windex

4 "ott" or #0000 steel wool is fine enough to polish chrome and take out that paint. use water as an insulator and don't rub it too hard. then just put a nice chrome polish on it. it wont hurt it. i use it all the time in my shop.

Thnaks guys, good options I will try the thinner first and then move on from there if it does not work.

-
Back