P/S Pulley Question

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
I have a federal pump with a press on pulley. The pump originally came out of a slant 6 but is now bolted to my 340. I bought a March 532 pulley but it doesn't line up with my other pulleys. Had anyone experienced this problem? Is there a difference between slant 6 pumps and small block pumps besides the pulley?

I just purchased a New PS Pump with pulleys and brackets that will work along with my HDK front end kit I'll be doing here shortly ! Any info you need, Dean Gollnitz @ 704-233-0493 (www.hemibracket.com ) can provide you with info as well as any and all pulleys, brackets and pumps go ! I met him @ Mopars w/Big Daddy back in November, and I was totally pleased with him not wanting to sell me any parts until I got him the info he wanted. Once given, he had everything I needed !

There's nothing wrong with my pump. Id prefer to not have to buy a new one if its not the pump.

Brackets probably on wrong and it will still bolt up. It goes a specific way or the pulley wont line up. Post up a pix or search here is your friend.

Here's a few shots of what I'm working with. I'm missing the upper bolt that goes through the water pump.

Attachments

• 20151202_184713.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 20151202_184706.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 20151202_184659.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 175
how far off is the alignment? Can you add spacers to the bracket or pump mount locations to bring it into alignment?

Try these.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 117
That looks exactly how I have my brackets assembled. I haven't pressed the pulley on yet in case is not the right one. Just using basic measuring tools I can see the belt won't be inline

That looks exactly how I have my brackets assembled. I haven't pressed the pulley on yet in case is not the right one. Just using basic measuring tools I can see the belt won't be inline

Put the pulley on then check it. Has to be put on anyway. Sounds like you're overthinking this...

Put the pulley on then check it. Has to be put on anyway. Sounds like you're overthinking this...

Lmao well I knew that pressing on the pulley wouldn't solve my issue. The P/S pulley is one full groove in front of the crank pulley. If the crank pulley had one more groove in front of the 2 that's on it already it would line up. I have a feeling I know what the issue is. I bought the water pump and crank pulleys used off another member. I looked on March's website and see that they make two different 2 groove crank pulleys. I guess it has to do with the distance between the water pump pulley flange and the harmonic balancer face. When I get home tonight I'm going to take some more measurements.

OK, so I talked to March Performance on these pulleys and they told me the part numbers i'm giving him is for a discontinued model of pulley. He also told me they will not interchange with the new numbers and that is why the P/S pulley I just bought won't line up. So I ordered a complete pulley set from them to replace what I have.

The pulleys I have would be great for someone that is drag racing if anyone is interested.

-
Back