Packing wheel bearing

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
could yse a refreasher here.I plan on packing my wheel bearings by hand so any tips on how to do this best by hand.I did this once lots of grease in my palm but not sure if i was even doing it right.Thankssssssss.PS GO TONY GO:cheers:

I'm right handed so the grease goes in the palm of my left hand. take the widest part of the bearing and work the grease into it by pressing it into the grease in your left hand with your right hand. Kind of like scraping the middle of your palm trying to take the skin off. spin the bearing around until it fills around all the rollers. I hope this makes sense, not an easy thing to explain!

Sounds good kind of what i remember,how about the hub how much grease should i get in there.I cleaned it right out, new races,seal.bearing.

dont forget to use high temp bearing grease cause we just had a car come in to the shop and who ever packed them before used normal grease and it wasnt pretty. and yea use your palm and push grease through til it comes to the top of the rollers.

all right thanks Boys got her done.Surprized how much tighter new bearings are.Thanks.Don:cheers:

just don't overtighten the spindle nut! i go tight and back off 1 flat.typically. some like em tighter some looser.make yourself feel good about it. i always check the hub temp with my hand when i'm cruising.you will know if it's too tight,just by the temp of the hub. good luck.

Ok 68postcar I got it the hub on just wondering one side is slighty harder to turn by hand than the outher side.There is no noise or jerking, turns smoothly,is still ok.I adjusted the nut the same on booth sides.

Sounds like you've done everything just right. :thumbup:

Thanks bro BTW nice ride,I bet that moves.

:sign5: Yea it moves real fast.....up & down with the jack stands. LOL

Thanks for the compliment....it will run and move again someday.

this will sound crazy but go buy a cheap vacuem machine from walmart put grease around outer side of bearing put in bag vacuem out air bearing packed no mess period

-
Back