Painless switch panel?

-

70net440

Reaction score
Has anyone used a Painless switch panel to wire up a drag race car? Thinking about using the #50302 6 switch panel. How much of the original wiring did you keep? I'm thinking neutral safety switch and starter relay can stay, otherwise eliminate all of the 38 year old wiring from the car. Does anybody else make one of these kits? Painless can be a little pricey. Thanks for any replies.

I talked to a local guy with a 69 dart said he really liked EZ wiring, said he rewired whole car with their kit and was priced way better than painless. but i have no experience my self,as im not to that point yet in my build.

We have one in our drag car. There is no original wiring in the car. all of the wire was sized large enough to run the fuel pump, water pump and cooling fan without relays. We left out the relays just to simplify the wiring and eliminate a possible failure point. The car only has tail lights, a requirement for night racing.

I'm using EZ wiring, very inexpensive compared to painless and the wires are all labeled throughout the length of each wire, fat gauge wires, awesome kit.

Here's my custom fuse panel.

100_0621.jpg

100_0783.jpg

Got my gauges from them also...Dolphin brand .....the quad gauge is what sold me.
I got the wiring kit and gauges for about $525.00.

100_0671.jpg

So far, so good. I'm about half done wiring up the car. Is there a relay for the lights under the dash? I'm thinking that would be a good place to tie into.

Finished up the rewire of the old green heap. The Painless kit was good. Lots of extra wire and zip ties. The only complaint I have is the switch for the fan and water pump only turns one of them on at a time, not both. I'll probobly use the leftover acc. switch for the water pump when I install it. I kept the factory starter relay and neutral safety switch. I spliced into the lights at the dimmer switch so I can have high and low beams. I used bosch type relays for the lights and fuel pump and a 250 amp continous duty relay for everything else. I bought the kit from Amazon, it was about 30 bucks cheaper than Summit or Jeg's and completly free shipping and handling. Hopefully getting back to the track next weekend.

-
Back