Paint "am i making a big mistake"

-
For what it's worth; Stick with what you like--in this case Porsche Indian Red. Or some other factory color. When yer paint gets F'd up by some idiot, you'll have no problem repairing it. Candies are a pain in the ***, which you should be learning.

Whatever stripe you do, paint it. It looks better--and feels better--'specially after you put gobs of clear over everything!

PAINT FINISHED 001 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).jpg

Back in the 80's my Dad and I went to wash his 69 340 Swinger, When we arrived at the car wash a very nice Candy Apple Red 69 Swinger was in the bay. It had the black top with a white stripe and SS Cragers. I will never forget that Car! Very Sharpe! That Red and my Dads F7 green swinger look good sitting next to each other like shiny Red and Green Apples!

Well I dont have much longer out here on the water and then its going to be on when i get to the house!!! LOL I cant wait never thought i would think that way about having to work on something!! LOL but im ready to put some paint on the car and get the interior back together... My wife said she would help me block sand the car when it came time for it so I imagine we are going to go with the shimirin brandywine!! LOL when it turns out bad she can help me SAND!!!!!!!!! LOL hopefully I wont have the shakes that bad though....

This is a Lexus GS with Ruby Red Pearl paint. It is a bit darker than the red pearl on the LS 600.

P1258732.jpg

Check out the gold and yellow pearl in this shot.

P1258733.jpg

There were no LS 600s in that color at the port today that I was able to get a good shot of out in the sunlight. Maybe tomorrrow.

I've done quiet a few custom paint jobs - but every time someone says candy I shoot em' down, Theres so many panels to get perfect on a full car - and I'm too much of a perfectionist- I'd drive myself crazy making it right. But if your up for the task then I'd recomend using a sislver or gold base then mask out the stripe and use a darker gun metal color. Heres a mailbox I did for a guy using this method (this has like 8 coats of candy on it to get it this color)

mailbox silver.jpg

mailbox red.jpg

-
Back