Paint and Body work done!

-

ace26

Reaction score
Got the paint and body work done,put the motor and trans in , rewired it all up, blacked out the grill and everything else, put in a oil presure gauge and it fired right up,got a chance to drive it around the block today, it sure does have alot more pep to it than the 318 did. Now a question, Should i try to reuse the bumbers, there in preaty bad shape or do you think glass bumpers are worth the coin?

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

I like it !!!!!!!!!! It' allmost a chartruese isn't it? That was my original color, but going orange/ silver two tone now. As far as the bumpers Depends.. If your drag racing or not. I have looked at them they are $$$ but worth around 100 lbs. So, It's a hard decision. I'm gonna go with the fiberglass front bumper eventually, but that's a ways off since I still working on the Shell. I think leaving the steel rear bumper/fiberglass front would give a bit better weight transfer. I'm Using SS Springs/ 8.75"

Glass ones are WELL worth the coin and to me were CHEAPER(and much LIGHTER) than getting the originals rechromed. Got mine at AAR should be around $300 for front and rear($150 each)+shipping. I think now days it costs at LEAST that much and everywhere ive seen MORE to get a QUALITY rechrome...mabey not a lot more but I just like the weight savings...

It must feel good to have all the paint and body work done! I know I was happy when I finally got paint on my car. AAR was working on a plan to have bumpers that appeared to be chrome but are fiberglass with a vacuum plating. They should be available now,that way you get the best of both steel and fiberglass. I think one of the most attractive things about vintage cars is the chrome! Try to find chrome on a new car, it`s nearly non-existant.

Yes i took the inst. cluster apart and cleaned everything,i got a spare from the junk yard and made 1 good one drilled a hole for the oil guage and put it were the idiot lights were.Then painted it and got a fine brush and put the black around it.The color is lemon twist yellow,got the 73 340 side stripes to put on after i get it wet sanded and buffed out (flat black).Do you guys think chrome on the glass bumpers or would they look better flat black? Thanx for your opinions.

1 vote for the bumpers being Lemon Twist Yellow. Somehow they look good painted the same color as the car. Blackout Grille, would work too :goodman:

I'm Debating myself.. about the fiberglass vs. stock bumpers, I'd love the weight savings. Don't like the crash protection. (After all they are bumpers... that could be sacrificed in a minor crash) But they look good same color as the car. I guess it's personal taste vs. finances...

lol yeah but if they are PRE 73 bumpers did they really have any "crash" rating...more like a VERY SOFT nudge rating :). Id honestly have to say that with any pre 73 bumper that I dont think the crash rating really counts :)...as in no real absorption value no rebound bumper type is what I mean...

:tongue9: It came out GREAT!!
Ether way you go on the bumpers will look great and would be a hard call
If painted I say the lemon twist yellow would look better than frat black
Anyway I like how it's looking so far... NICE WORK :thumbup:

that looks great!
i would go for the lightweight bumpers because i like to save some weight, but realy i think that bumpers look better chromed, there is chrome fiberglass bumpers ;)

-
Back