Paint chip repair

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good method or any tips on chip repair ? I've been doing a lot of chip repair lately and not really happy with my results.

Im currently using base coat/clear coat for repair, then wet sanding and buffing but I cant get a good color match or very good build up of the material to make it look right.

Im working on a customers Ferrari and want to make it look right, No touched up.

I am no pro and never work on Ferrari's, but I always try to build layers (above the rest of the paint) using touch up paint then work it back down with a razor blade. Then clear, wet sand, and buff... metallic’s unfortunatly never match, but I have had decent luck with solid colors...

It's tough to make it look perfect. When I used to detail I would touch the chip up, let it dry and then wet sand and buff. It would look more like a slight paint imperfection than a touch up, but it's still better than a chip or a glob of paint sitting in there.

This car is silver too so thats not making it any easier. I think I may just not charge him for it. The repair looks a lot lighter then the rest of the car. At least its smooth now.

Adam why not blow it in make some extra $$$ you know silver's are the worst to match

-
Back