Paint choices for a 1965 Dart project:

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am unsure of what color to paint a 65 Dart project that I just started.
I don't know the original color. Somewhere in the past some idiot did the ever-so-common black spray bomb engine bay treatment. He sprayed in the trunk and door jambs too. The interior is a light blue so my exterior colors are limited unless I want to change the interior color to match.

I am tempted to spray it a B-3 blue. It would be the easiest for the overall build.

I also love the FK-5 Burnt Orange metallic. This would mean more work but I am okay with that.

The car is a project. It has a running 318-904 in there and will be sold once I am finished. The deciding factor for the color may be whatever color attracts the most money. I'm a realist....This is a 65 Dart 2 door, originally a slant six car. Nobody is pushing others out of the way to pay $10,000 for them. I need to paint the car anyway so what color do you prefer? Do you like something else better?

IMG_2710.JPG

IMG_2714.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

Good looking car. Check under the trunk seal and see if the original color might show. Inside the trunk I have found the proper color as well. Hope you find out

For early A's, I've always thought they look better with more subdued colors. To me, bold, in-your-face colors look out of place on the earlier A bodies. B3 would look really good.

I too like B3 and have done some B bodies in that. but, blue e xt and blue int is to much for me personally. but be assured what ever color you paint it, the buyer will rather have something else.. like purple...YUK!!!!
take good before and after pics for the idiots n jerks hat always have to wonder, what is under that paint!!

its a small car, so a light color, blue, green, pale yellow
anything that isnt dark

As an alternative to white - a nice darker cream white would look great with a blue interior.

-
Back