paint idea.

-

JRDART

Owner "Poisoned Dart"
Reaction score
So I've been playing around with some ideas for the dart. I want to give her a paint job that'll stand out from the crowd and what i was thinking was a blue green sort of color...what do you guys think?

180463_1293850043874_1758990768_532889_2565264_n.jpg

yes i know that the car isn't in the best of detail..thats because I dont do extensive work on stuff i do for myself.

man its your car so do what ever makes you happy in the end. the picture you have up top kinda looks like you spilled water on it, no offense just saying it would not be my choice glad to see people are giving the 73-76 darts a good home

it would definitely be an interesting color. paint what you want!!

I'd definitely like to see a different scoop than the cowl though..we should leave that to the Chevy guys..

its just the way my camera took the picture..plus i ran out of that blue and 'Im almost out of supplies..had the same stuff since college in 07 lol

I was raised chevy...im not prejudice against cars except hondas lol. But cowl is my preferred hood choice its just the way it sets the body lines.

How about doing the car in a Deep Chocolate Brown with Silver/Chrome accessories?
That would be different!

I was raised chevy...im not prejudice against cars except hondas lol. But cowl is my preferred hood choice its just the way it sets the body lines.

well like i said, do what you want! the color should look pretty cool if you decide on doing it that color

thats a good idea bea...I was originally thinking a copper metallic with silver accents

How about doing the car in a Deep Chocolate Brown with Silver/Chrome accessories?
That would be different!

This '60 Ford I saw at the 2011 Grand National Roadster Show was done in a really deep dark brown metallic and looked great.

Attachments

• GNRS2011055_edited%20%28Small%29.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 152
I can't say much because every time I see a car that color it reminds me of a neighbor I used to have who earned the nickname of "The jerk who lives down the street." Never knew his name but he drove some kind of Teal green Ford product.

I figured you might catch some flack about the hood but somehow the big cowl induction hood seems to work with the beak nose of the later body style. And I kinda' like your take on the strobe stripe. It's different than the AAR stripe but still reminds me of it. The one thing that always bothered me about the AAR stripe was the shield. Color-wise it always seemed to be a bit out of place.

I can't say much because every time I see a car that color it reminds me of a neighbor I used to have who earned the nickname of "The jerk who lives down the street." Never knew his name but he drove some kind of Teal green Ford product.

I figured you might catch some flack about the hood but somehow the big cowl induction hood seems to work with the beak nose of the later body style. And I kinda' like your take on the strobe stripe. It's different than the AAR stripe but still reminds me of it. The one thing that always bothered me about the AAR stripe was the shield. Color-wise it always seemed to be a bit out of place.

hence fourth i shall be known as "the jerk on FABO" lmao. Yeah thats why i did the full hood cowl instead of the wimpy half bolt on junk...right now im toying with a more common color of mopars too...this one is in fuller detail

-
Back