paint question can i do this?

-
First you need to know the base of this material. It is likely not a laquer base as this is becoming illegal in many parts of the country. Your best bet is to use the correct thinner from the manufacturer. It would suck to have all this work done and it start peeling or blistering after the car is done.

"Chassis black is pre thinned to sprayable consistency. One Qt. is enough to cover 40 Sq.ft, and withstands temperatures up to 300F."

This is what came up on the link you pasted, under content. If so, then you don't want to thin it any more.

"Chassis black is pre thinned to sprayable consistency. One Qt. is enough to cover 40 Sq.ft, and withstands temperatures up to 300F."

This is what came up on the link you pasted, under content. If so, then you don't want to thin it any more.

thats what i thought!But the back of the can says to reduce 4 to 1

I would not chance it. What type of primer do you have done as well? Spraying anything with lacquer thinner over a non-lacquer based primer could have very bad results if it is too wet when sprayed - the thinner will bite into the paint and cause it to lift.

thats what i thought!But the back of the can says to reduce 4 to 1

sometimes the tech writers for products actually get ahead of the tech. department. As for thinning it out anymore with laquer thinner: I've yet to see a laqcuer based product get thinned out that little. Usually it's a 100%-150% thinning. Now the back of the can is telling you "reducer?" That's a different ballgame. Chances are it's not laquer based if they're referring to "reducer." Your best bet: call Eastwood and ask your questions of the tech department.

There are two different chassis black paint systems from Eastwood. The first is the Original Chassis Black which is a one part. The newer is the 2K Ceramic Chassis Black which is a two part and is a 4:1 mix. Make sure which one you have!

-
Back