Paint stripes for 1973

-

eronningen

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Dart 340 sport. Its red now but was black originally based on TX9 code right? My question is that it has a black stripe that starts up front and turns up before rear wheel wells, that meets on roof. I understand that was not an original deal for that year. If so, what was if anything? Wondering what options there was that year on a black car. Thanks. If needed I'll post pic.

Welcome from Minnesota. For exact figure totals on your style Dart, you might want to check out the info on dusterdartsportregistry.com. It looks like they have a little section on paint info which might be relevant to your car.

Sounds like the stripe my '73 has and I am certain it is original.

Is this the stripe you are talking about?

DSCN1024.jpg

Sounds like the stripe my '73 has and I am certain it is original.

Is this the stripe you are talking about?

Yes, thanks. The car is "Viper" red now, with black stripe. There is a paint code TX9, I assume that means the car was black to start, who knows whaat color the stripe was. Thanks a bunch. I'll post a pic later.

Yellowdartdave I like that car; it looks great! The roof treatment and hood treatment set it off.

I am keeping the same stripes when I paint this one; although I may go with a black car with silver stripe.
Or maybe black with flat black stripe. I will figure it out next spring when I start on it.

-
Back