painted bumpers?

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
anybody ever had bumpers painted?..mine are chrome and there is nowhere near here to rechrome them and i don't have the cash to get new ones any suggestions?

Years ago I had a '71 Cuda and want elastomeric bumpers but couldn't afford them. So, I took my bumpers, welded on studs for the brackets and filled the holes so the bumper was smooth. Then took a 60 grit disc on a grinder and ground the bumper to fresh steel. followed that with 80 grit, then some basic bodywork to fix a few dings, primer and paint. Looked great when I was done. Was it correct...no, did it look perfectly original...no, but to the most onlookers, they received positive comments.

This is one of the members here he lives close to me. His look great I like them, some cars though it can be to much. But his looks nice.

Mopars@The Rock 09 022.jpg

Mopars@The Rock 09 024.jpg

Always though painting the bumpers make a car look cheap,like the owner was too cheap to spend the cash on doing it right..hope i don't offend anyone just my opinion..

I think that the painted bumpers look ok. Theres a product called bulldog adehesion made by klean strip, that will let the paint stick and stay on chrome.I used it on some chrome rims painted 2 years ago still looks good

some mopar guys thought i had chopped the mounting brackets

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

-
Back