Painted Exhaust

-

srg610

Reaction score
Has anyone painted their exhaust system?
I was thinking it would be good protection for the metal, using high temp black back to the mufflers, and then regular black back to the chrome tips. Is it worth the bother, or are there reasons not to do it at all?
Thanks for your thoughts...

T304 or T321 Stainless Steel is the best alternative to your exhaust system rusting...not paint.

Engine Exhaust temps range from 700* F to 1000* F for naturally aspirated engines....Turbo Exhaust system temps go on up to 1600*.

You probably COULD paint your exhaust system from the Header Flanges back....but the head pipes would eventually burn the paint off after some life. I know headers painted with High Temp Paint burn the paint off nearly instantly after cranking it up....so until the point in the exhaust system where the gases are starting to cool, I do not see paint staying for very long.

Aluminized Mild Steel maintains its finish for awhile, but again its Mild Steel and will eventually rust.

If you wanna drop some coin......have the whole system Jet-hot coated. Or stainless

-
Back