Painted the Duster with Dupli-Color

-

Mr2.4

Reaction score
Well after a year of ownership, and alotta help from my wife. I finally put somekinda paint on the duster. I used the Dupli-Color Paint Shop paint. I must say I was really impressed with the way that stuff sprays and how it turned out. I didn't clear coat the car because it is full of dents and dings. I did however mix clear in with the color to give it a semi gloss effect. Now all I need to do is add some stripes and a go-wing!
2K Primer sanded ready for some sealer....
100_2610.jpg

Seal coat..
100_2612.jpg

Yes you can. In your garage!
100_2616.jpg

bright!
100_2615.jpg

Color applied...
100_2618.jpg

100_2620.jpg

second coat with clear mixed in...
100_2621.jpg

All finished up and out in the sunlight! It's LOUD!!!
100_2642.jpg

100_2647.jpg

See the pearl?
100_2645.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics!

looks great the only thing i herd bad about that paint is it fades in like 2years but i think for the price and the company its good paint i may go with the white they have for my valiant . i really like the black too .awesome job!

If it last 2 years I will be pleased. For the price you can't really beat it. Thanks for the compliment.

New skin looks great, Congratulations Mr2.4 :thumblef::thumblef:

Looks real good.And I didn't know you lived so close to me.

Did you see their new candy colors? The Candy apple was darker than the Sublime you used. Did you any base color coat before the green?

nice!
and cheap paint is better than no paint
when I read the title of this thread I thought you used spray paint! (been there done that)

I think it looks pretty good! Get a Plymouth emblem for the grille and apply the stripes. Then you'll be set!

Thanks for all the compliments guys.:thumblef: old tired rebel, where do you live? And yeah I saw the candy's they are some nice shades for sure. I didn't use any base color. The sealer primer was all, and it was a lite gray. The paint nearly covered on the first coat. It really suprised me considering how thin it is out of the can.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.:thumblef: old tired rebel, where do you live? And yeah I saw the candy's they are some nice shades for sure. I didn't use any base color. The sealer primer was all, and it was a lite gray. The paint nearly covered on the first coat. It really suprised me considering how thin it is out of the can.

I live in Lexington about 2 hours away.

You should come out to some of the cruise ins and shows in the Raleigh area. Let me know if you want a link to some cruise in's and shows.

I like it
I use to add colored pigment to my primer sealer to get the color I wanted and some times never put paint on cars. It was fast and easy most of all a lot cheaper than paint and looked pretty good.

how much does it cost for a gallon?
It makes me think....
Where did you buy it?

how much does it cost for a gallon?
It makes me think....
Where did you buy it?

It only comes in qt. But they where only like $23.00. I got it at Advance Auto I picked the black up at Autozone.

Ridge, I have done the same with sealer to. It looks really good on certain cars.

:thumblef: Looks great to me..........Love to have some paint on mine soon. I thought that the colours were limited????????? Maybe here in Canada.

It only comes in qt. But they where only like $23.00. I got it at Advance Auto I picked the black up at Autozone.

Ridge, I have done the same with sealer to. It looks really good on certain cars.

How many cans did it take to paint the car?

Really nice, I have considered doing similar to my dart, giving me practice at painting.

Is there a way to use the white and find a way to mix it with something to closely match mopar's kk1?

How many cans did it take to paint the car?

It took nearly 3 quarts. But I didn't clear coat it. If I did that it would be another 3 quarts or so.

gibson_es: Im sure you could could. All of there colors are mixable.

Looks great. Good thing by getting it in quarts is, you don't have the rest sitting on a shelf for ever.

-
Back