painting bumpers

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Geting my front and rear bumpers rechromed does not seam to be in the budget right now there are to many thinghs to get to be sure its on the road in 09.So what do you boys think? about painting the bumpers silver the car is a 69 Dart, blue ext.down here it could cost sixteen hundred to rechrome.That would be headers shifter and so on.Any tips and thoughts would be great at this time.Thankssssssssssssssss Don.

Yeah you could paint them silver or body color and then later down the road have them chromed.

You could just paint them for now,and get your other goodies.If it was me I,d leave the chroming for later,that way you,ll be ahead and can continue looking for other bumpers.2 cents.Good luck!!:-D

mullinax95 i live in canada the shipping would kill me.stroked340 there from a 69 dart.The last bumper i had rechromed was from my 74 roadrunner last year in Canada 800 for one.

mullinax95 i live in canada the shipping would kill me.stroked340 there from a 69 dart.The last bumper i had rechromed was from my 74 roadrunner last year in Canada 800 for one.

HOLY COW!! The last bumper I had chromed down here cost me $175.00! And it was a big ole 72 RR Front Bumper - you know the wrap around one... This was just this past March. How bad are yours? If they are straight, I can't see my guy charging any more than that for a small A-Body one...Even with 2 way shipping, you could probably save close to a grand.

I get the feeling that i was rip off.I sent it to a shop that sent it out,i guess they made good money off doing nothing.maybe i will call the rechromer first.

I had the bumpers on my Duster re-chromed by Oregon Plating (Portland) for $400 @ I thought that was expensive. I had my Dart bumper done for $250 @ 7 years ago. Now, $800? Wow!

Check out The Bumper Boy's,I've used quite a few of their bumpers.

When I lived in Detroit, I used to go to Windsor to get my plating done. Cheaper by far at the time. Very high quality.

Ha Snake There Is A Guy In Kingston That Is Doing Large Items. He Has A Near Chrome Color That I Am Going To Have My Grill Done. The Whole Grill Will Cost Me $70.00. Found Him On kijigi. Maybe A Way Too Go.

hey moparweden let me know his # maybe worth a try. thanks stroked 340 i will look into that too

Tricityplating quoted me $300 for each of my bumpers. I'm planing on paint mine the color of my car this coming spring. I just don't have $600+ I can spend right-now.

How about chrome paint? Like $7 can on Amazon. There's other more expensive stuff, like a three-stage kit for $100 or so, can't remember what the name of it is. Friend of mine used it for an 'art project' turned out all right.

Just don't paint your bumpers body color or black and you'll be OK.

I just had my Barracuda's bumpers done by Tri-City and it cost me about $625 to have both done, shipped to my door. You could probably buy a set outright from them for about $800.
Give Porter a call: http://www.tricityplating.com/

Got a buddy state-side that can run them over the boarder for you? Bolt them on as hand-rails for a pick-up truck or something and drive them home?

I like painted bumpers, but in my opinion, I think they would look better body color, instead of silver. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with your project,
Jason

Personally, I don't like painted bumpers. (Hey, you asked for opinions LOL)

Hope i don't offend anyone,but i agree..painted bumpers make a car look unfinished,like the owner got cheap and did'nt want to spend the money to have the bumpers redone properly..just my .02..

-
Back