painting car floorboard, what to use?

-
I first sprayed a coat of epoxy then used single stage urethane on mine

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,168
Do some research on Blue Lightening( google blue lightening restoration projects), and KBS coatings. These are some other alternatives to POR15

Been my experience that any other paint won't stick to POR15 either...but I'll probably use It on the Spacer floors anyway...

Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator works well and can be painted over.

where as por 15 is very good stuff, it only sticks to surfaces with a "bite" like rust...or really roughed up surfaces....the (gummy)seam sealer spots, and the smooth paint spots will more than likely reject it..(it'll peel)...a simple killrust or the above mentioned products would probably do better for ya.

If u have the set up to do it strip it clean it epoxy prime and paint it. everything else is short cut and wont last as long.

i have heard good things about rust bullet

I used rust bullet on my floorboards. Scuffed them up a little, wiped them down, and painted it on. It took a couple of days to dry fully, maybe almost a week, but it is hard as a rock now. Here is a pic...

CraigsCutlass001.jpg

It's covered with Hushmat now, and will probably never see the light of day ever again!!

I used Rustoleum on my Barracuda, I sold the car 10 years later and the paint was holding up great.

The Dart I used 3M rubberized under coating on both sides of the pad. Its light weight and hold up great.

-
Back