Painting Dog Dish

-

MoparDart68

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm painting my dogdish hubcaps, just the inserts. I would like to know what to do about the center ring (arrow). Should I paint it flat back, red, or leave it as is? I'm not even sure if this ring was ever supposed to be painted--no signs of residual paint at all. In addition, does anyone know which year(s) these caps were used? Thanks

which color.jpg

This is the best pic I have of mine;
2009-03-12 65 Dart SW (10) (Medium).JPG

I do not see ANY trace of paint around the center ring on any of mine.

Now if you want the correct Dog Dish's for a '67-'72, here is a pic of them:
2010-04-08 70 Dart GT RL DD (Medium).JPG

Hope this helps some.
Later,
Bruce B.

2009-03-12 65 Dart SW (10) (Medium).JPG

2010-04-08 70 Dart GT RL DD (Medium).JPG

Every early A stainless dish I've seen like that doesn't have any paint on the ring. Neither Dart or Valiant. Valiant had the Blue-Red Wings in the center instead of the Dodge Emblem.

The top pick seems to have flat black, rather than black argent on it. The upper Pic by 7071DartGTReg seems to be correct color.

Red would look good as stated above, but if you are gonna paint the circle, why not paint it the same color as the car?? With the chrome, it would set it off nice!

i painted all the indentations red as to match my interior i think it looks great but to each his or her own

also if your not sure try a marker and then look if you like it paint it if not just wash them off i used carb cleaner it worked great then painted would show pic but dont own a digital camera

-
Back