Painting the inside trunk

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
What are people using to paint the inside of the trunk after mini tubbing? Has anyone used the Eastwood trunk paint, it seems to have some texture it and that might smooth the seems out a little more.

Its not correct but Im going to redo mine with spatter paint. I think it looks better then body color and like you said its thick so it will hide imperfections.

i used truck bed liner...you can see some pics of the first coat @ my site....i still have to apply more, because i missed a few spots and want to get it thicker

I bought some of the spatter paint (black) and try it last night. It covered very nice and filled in some of the imperfections. I will finish it up in the next couple of days and post some pictures.

Mark

I started paint the trunk last night and the splatter paint don't go very far. They say on the can it will cover 6 sq ft, but I think it's more like 3. I got one wheel well the inside panel paint with one can. It look like it is going to take about 4 can to cover everything and make it look nice.
Also I bougt the first can at Advance Auto for $9.59 and pick up 2 more (all they had) at Murreys for $5.19 a can. So check around on price if you go with the splatter paint.

But Mike, all the weight will be over/behind the rear wheels were it helps.

Check to see if tha spatter paint needs to be cleared. Other wise it ay peel if it gets wet.

-
Back