Panhard, Diagonal Link, or both with ladder bars?

-
Yeah, I have a different safety hoop on mine... The Pivot Spacers are outlined in the pic below. These go in the front bracket holes and have a shoulder on them so when you tighten down the nylock it doesn't crush the bracket and pinch the heim joint at the pivot point. My front brackets for the ladders were already heavy welded in when I got the car. If I were to use the rubber bushings in the future I'll have to refab that bracket to be wide enough to accept them.

This has been very informative for me, thank you all for participating!

Jerry

View attachment 1714998592
curious, how does that hoop allow the hiem to be adjusted. looks welded on and right up against the jamb nut?

curious, how does that hoop allow the hiem to be adjusted. looks welded on and right up against the jamb nut?

They actually get welded on AFTER you have everything squared up and locked into place. The ones I am using are like these in the pic below. They can be removed for adjustment.

S-2150-S.jpg

i gotcha, so no adjusting easily at the track. Looks cool though

Once the front is adjusted, which sets your wheel base and centers the wheel in the wheel well (depending on your set up) the fronts don't need to be adjusted at the track. The Pinion angle and the lateral position (side to side) can be adjusted easily with the adjusters on the rear heims and the diagonal link/panhard/wishbone at the track.

What's the width on those? I didn't see it in the description. They look way wider than the heim joints with the pivot spacers. If I were to go with these it looks like I would have to refab the front frame connector for the pivot. Do you use pivot spacers with them as well?

View attachment 1714998461

looks like there is room to spin the end for adjustment just like on your bars.

-
Back