Panic & Anxiety Attacks

-

LH23H2R

Reaction score
Does anyone here ever suffer from panic and-or anxiety attacks ?

I suffered from them from day 1 until about 12 or 13 years old ; they disappeared until about age 30 ; came on super strong at age 32
( eventually becoming completely disabling ) ; and haven't subsided since ( 9 years now ) .

I can always feel them coming on : my minds starts really racing ( it's never truly at rest , even during sleep ! ) ; my heart may or may not pump faster ; I perspire quite a bit ; feel light-headed ; then I have to remove myself from most -- if not all -- visual and audio stimulation , as things don't look nor sound right .

Anyone else here experience this **** ?

I have a friend that does. We were mechanics together several places. I would find a better job and he would follow.....because he knew I understood his condition and had helped him many times in the past. He had it so bad that sometimes he could not leave the house in the morning for work. I've lost touch with him since I've been disabled and out of the loop. I cannot really sympathyze with you because I've never gone through it, but I have seen somebody else go through it. It's real and it sucks.

thank you , StrokerScamp , for sharing your experience .

I was captive in my own home from 1st June 2002 through 30th Aug 2002 , almost 3-full months . Every waking hour was spent having attacks or waiting for the next one .

I finally was able to leave my house when I adjusted to the medications ( Zoloft and Gabapentin ) , and forced myself to keep walking -- around the block -- and not give-in to the extreme anxiety .

Obviously , I still get 'em from time-to-time ( today being one of those days ) . Thankfully , I haven't had one bad enough lately that made me just want to stay home , in the dark , with no noises .

Ive never been diagnosed, but in the last year or 2, my heart would race and like you my mind would go a million miles an hour, and usually not to a nice place. This would happen mostly at night, very rarely thru the day. I would have to get up and do something, couldnt just sit still. Mine isnt as severe as yours by the sounds of it, I hope it gets better for you.

Does anyone here ever suffer from panic and-or anxiety attacks ?

I suffered from them from day 1 until about 12 or 13 years old ; they disappeared until about age 30 ; came on super strong at age 32
( eventually becoming completely disabling ) ; and haven't subsided since ( 9 years now ) .

I can always feel them coming on : my minds starts really racing ( it's never truly at rest , even during sleep ! ) ; my heart may or may not pump faster ; I perspire quite a bit ; feel light-headed ; then I have to remove myself from most -- if not all -- visual and audio stimulation , as things don't look nor sound right .

Anyone else here experience this **** ?

I had them for years. Way to many years.

I was surprised to find out after 10YEARS!!! it was diet coke "ASPARTAME"
Maybe not you but for me it was this and will not debate all the BS out there.

When my wife walked out on the marriage and divorced, I ended up getting prescribed medicine for my anxiety. Xanax or the generic for-thereof. 2 years later, I take as needed. I will never be the same the rest of my life.

I've been diagnosed with hypertension. If I don't take my medicine (propanolol) I will freak out over the smallest things, I get scared and am afraid of every possibility and my mind just starts racing with a million thoughts. It gets way out of hand. Someone can be just sitting there quiet and so can I, and I get worried by it like something is truly wrong. Like they hate me or just want me gone. Its scary. I occasionally have trouble sleeping. But I find a comfort item to sleep with under my pillow, I have no clue, but holding something under my pillow makes me feel better lol. I am always in constant unease though if I'm not on my medicine. Like I feel like I need to do something or I am somehow doing something wrong. I worry what people think of what I think of something. I worry what people think of me. It makes me wanna hide so they can't see me so I can't mess things up or make things worse.

Ive suffered from Social Anxiety for 30 years . I avoided family get togethers, parties stores..it was hell if I did try and include myslef in these activities. I finally got help about 2 years ago. Im so happy I did, Im a different person. No anxiety really now. I take Lexapro , and Valium if I need a lil more. The Valium sits in my pockets most times like a securety blanket,,hehe..BUT ITS SO GREAT, being able to exist.

I started having anxiety attacks (racing heart, the shakes, twitching eyes, BP through the roof) in 03. Went 2 yrs. fighting it and finally went to the doctor and he gave me Ativan. Usually 2 a day does it but sometimes I need as many as 4. Especially if things get real hectic. I also started getting bad cluster headaches and migraines shortly before the anxiety attacks. Don't know if their related but they sure suck. The headaches cost me a real good paying job that I liked. Now I haven't been able to get a job anywhere cause nobody wants to hire someone who might have to miss 6-10 days per month due to a massive headache.

Never as bad as you describe. I do sometimes get racing thoughts, dizzness, fast heartbeat, feeling like I'm falling, feeling like I'm going crazy, like something bad is about to happen, etc. I swallow a Xanax and also put a piece of one under my tongue, and in a few minutes everything's ok. You have to be careful not to use it too much and develop a dependency. If I were you I would keep on looking for a solution, see if you can find a psychologist who specializes in anxiety disorders. You shouldn't have to live like this. Don't give up!

i dont know if they are called panic attacks, but if irritated i have severely violent thoughts that i learned not to tell others about. also sometimes something will trigger what i call "All emotions at once" like happy, sadness and anger all rolled into a single moment it almost brings tears to my eyes... i noticed if i stay quiet and really focus on my work or whatever i'm doing, it will keep that stuff at bay... i try to take a stoic approach to it, but it rarely works.

i hope you find the answers and help your looking for.

Thanks everyone for your accounts and experiences :salute:.

I keep a 1mg cap of Xanax in my pocket , along with a 25mg Meclizine , just in case ( no , I haven't had to use either yet ... security blankets for certain ) .

I just find it strange that the damned things would disappear for nearly 20 years , only to come back 10-fold . Makes me feel that puberty had something to do with it ; then when I quit drinking and taking heavy drugs ( primarily , prescription amphetamines [ Adderal ] , and a daily-dose of Mini-Thins [ 25mg of caffeine , 50mg ephedra ] ) , the attacks came back .

So , yes , I'm partially to blame for these sensations ; the other portion is made possible by promotional considerations provided by dNa , and a hectic environment .

Again , thanks all for sharing .
My best wishes to you all , too . It's definitely a hell ride , this chemical imbalance .
Thanks also for the advice :salute:

Don't get them as much as I did when I was working and around people all the time. Mine usually happen at night, just another reason for me not to sleep. Heart feeling like it is about to explode, sweating like I am running a marathon. 1mg of Xanax used to help, sort of. Not fun at all. Have been getting them quite a bit again, but with everything going on does not surprise me......you ever need to talk about it pm me....

LH23, your story is very familiar to me. Start lifting weights, working out what ever you want to call it. Trust me it works. You dont have to go balls to the wall, start light, 25 reps per movement and keep it up, you will get stronger and those hormones that dominate your body will slowly be beaten into submission and crowded out by testosterone and all the other feel good juices being suppressed.

It is a terrible situation to go though, I also have anxiety issues, I don't take anything do to the lack of health care ins., I find I have to get away from the situation to collect my thoughts.....many times I wish I had something to help me through...stay positive...

LH23, your story is very familiar to me. Start lifting weights, working out what ever you want to call it. Trust me it works. You dont have to go balls to the wall, start light, 25 reps per movement and keep it up, you will get stronger and those hormones that dominate your body will slowly be beaten into submission and crowded out by testosterone and all the other feel good juices being suppressed.

I strongly agree with this! for me it's riding my bicycle, your body naturally produces endorphins when you exercise which are 10 time more powerful than any drug, and can even be more addictive than ****** which is why some people get addicted to running or lifting weights, fortunately these are all good for you, for the most part what the endorphins do is stabilize your moods and give you a very strong feeling of well being, the added advantage is the exercise also get's you into shape, helps you loose weight and makes you live longer, all of which make you a happier person

Ive had them for about 14 years now......they suck that is for sure.

and its hard because some people just can't understand why you are the way you are.

most of the time it happens to me is in a crowded place and all of the noises start sounding "echoie" and my vision get kind of slured and I get extremely irritated and start walking faster so I can get the heck out of dodge.

almost feels like what I imagine tripping on acid or something would be like.

I strongly agree with this! for me it's riding my bicycle, your body naturally produces endorphins when you exercise which are 10 time more powerful than any drug, and can even be more addictive than ****** which is why some people get addicted to running or lifting weights, fortunately these are all good for you, for the most part what the endorphins do is stabilize your moods and give you a very strong feeling of well being, the added advantage is the exercise also get's you into shape, helps you loose weight and makes you live longer, all of which make you a happier person
:wav:
Lifting weights and working out is the only thing that helps after getting dumped a year ago. Meditation can help too [-o< Side effect: I've never been in such good shape
Okay, methanol as well :p

I started off about 5 yrs. ago having a couple a year,I hate going to a doctor so i let it go, Well 2 yrs. ago my wife was found to have 3 brain tumors after surgey at shands hospital,she is now partley paralized blind in one eye and deaf in one ear,She had a good paying job but no-benafits, she now only gets under a grand a month on disabilty, I do drywall which has all but stoped here because of the ecomonoy,I;ve been having them alot mine come at night hard to explain like all the hairs all my body stand up,can't stand to be still it's werid like you can't stand yourself, I finally went to the doctor last week they gave me prozac which has not helped me abit, now waiting on bloodwork results,I sleep about an hour a night and hate to even see night come,For the fear of an attack

Thanks again to all for sharing your experiences with this terrifying disorder , and for all of the advice , well wishes and understanding :cheers:.

Thanks you also to those of you whom have p.m.'ed me as well O:).

I definitely get a good workout at work . I do lots of lifting , jogging-around the warehouse , and yelling ( :-D ) .
I agree with physical assertion via working out through whatever means .
I appreciate this advice and direction 8).
I've noticed that on my days-off that I do have an increased propensity to them :tongue9: !

I believe that also having an HFA ( High-Functioning Autism ) has also compounded these attacks , as I'm always "somewhere else" -- albeit , attentive ; almost hyper-attentive :read2: .

Again , thank you all !
I wish the best of luck to all of you , no matter what your ailment(s) may be.

Keep strong and keep on enjoying the BEST vehicles ever produced :cheers:

Celexa or lexapro, Celexa worked for my PTSD, never be too proud. A person with Diabetes for example can't just wish it away, so if you need help just get it.

Dammit this seems to be popular. I wonder if it's reltaed to the food intake somehow? You know, they've said that about childhood ADD and ADHD. I'm sure that's not all it could cause.

Dammit this seems to be popular. I wonder if it's reltaed to the food intake somehow? You know, they've said that about childhood ADD and ADHD. I'm sure that's not all it could cause.

I've often wondered if food has something to do with it too. When I was a kid it was a rare occasion for someone to go through it but now just look around and I bet 1 out of 3 people you see deal with it. Food nowadays is so full of crap to make it grow faster, produce more, and processed for maximum profits I wouldn't be surprised it has an affect.

I sleep about an hour a night and hate to even see night come,For the fear of an attack
I can relate to this, dread the thought of going to bed most nights, which just helps trigger them....I wish you all the best in dealing with this....

Been seeing a head doc for going on 15 years or so now. From what I remember when we talked about this it is quite possible. Problem with a lot of mental issues is the symptoms cross over. Alot of the add/adhd markers are shared by bi-polar folks. Some of the things I have read from other posts here kind of signal bi-polar tendencies in some of you folks.....

I can relate to this, dread the thought of going to bed most nights, which just helps trigger them....I wish you all the best in dealing with this....

Been seeing a head doc for going on 15 years or so now. From what I remember when we talked about this it is quite possible. Problem with a lot of mental issues is the symptoms cross over. Alot of the add/adhd markers are shared by bi-polar folks. Some of the things I have read from other posts here kind of signal bi-polar tendencies in some of you folks.....

Yeah well.....I know damn well I'm f'ed all up. You'll get no arguement from me.

-
Back