Parking light question on 68 Dart

-

Badart

Reaction score
A friend of mine is having electrical issues on his dart that has been off the road for at least 10 years. We are wondering if it's normal for the front park lights to go out when the head lights are turned on? I have never owned one and I am curious too.

I don't think I have ever seen a car that did that from the factory.
Do the round side markers stay on?
Could be just the light switch, since there are multiple sliding connections in there when you pull the switch out.
It's possible that it's just corrosion on the contacts from sitting all that time and could even resolve the problem itself with use.
But I could be wrong, and it could be a factory function.

A friend of mine is having electrical issues on his dart that has been off the road for at least 10 years. We are wondering if it's normal for the front park lights to go out when the head lights are turned on? I have never owned one and I am curious too.

I was curious after reading this thread,so went out to check on my stock 68 Barracuda.My front parking lights stay on when turning headlights on.Just thought I,d mention..

Petty, if you check the thread I posted, this is mentioned. The Barracuda's were the only model in '68 to have that function i.e. headlights and parking lights on together. It was a marketing thing.

i have own a 68 dart, the parking lights are suppose to go off when headlights turn on. when i put the new harness in my car i wired it the other way cause i think the parking light on a 68 look cool at night when on with the lights..

-
Back