parrent

-
I own a business with my dad its trying at times

My dad lives with me during the winter and goes camping in the summer.I'm 48 years old and he is 78.All my life he talks down to me and try's to run my life.It cost me when I sold my Camaro,Ideas in the past,and stuff I always wanted to do .I kicked him out last night for talking crap and talking down to me in my own house for the last time.Boy it feels good.
I tell my step son what ever you do do it right,be respectful ,and know with pride you've done a good job!

Haven't talked to anyone in my family in 2 1/2 years this time last time it was over 5 years. No longer have to walk on egg shells....

At times. Currently my dad is mad at me because I didn't keep the old tires off of my Dart,(decent tread but 20 years old)"Well they're just gonna ell em to someone, you could have sold them to someone for a trailer". Or I coud do what I did and let them keep them, and not have them around the place collecting water and breeding mosquitos. When both of my brothers are around, I can't get a word in edgewise, ad will just talk right over me. One of my brothers will say Aaron was saying something, or I will walk out of the room and after about 30 minutes my dad will say "Where did Aaron go?"

Parents are no different than kids they are both a pain in the.

Parents somehow have that knack of "pushing your buttons". Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

...Over the years I have noticed a real role reversal. Once you are in a slot, it is hard to escape :) I am almost 55 and still the baby of the family and my Mom is 93... I can almost write a script from our weekly phone call it is that predictable but i try to see her as much as I can and to take my kids.. She goes into a funk every september but she was one of the two that had me and raised me so I owe her...and I still think she is pretty cool.

Mind you, I didn't talk to one of my sisters for 7 years..but that is over now..

...all our families are dysfunctional in one way or another...

...Over the years I have noticed a real role reversal. Once you are in a slot, it is hard to escape :) I am almost 55 and still the baby of the family and my Mom is 93... I can almost write a script from our weekly phone call it is that predictable but i try to see her as much as I can and to take my kids.. She goes into a funk every september but she was one of the two that had me and raised me so I owe her...and I still think she is pretty cool.

Mind you, I didn't talk to one of my sisters for 7 years..but that is over now..

Ain't that the truth. But mine takes dysfunctional to a whole new level.

I really hate to see this. I don't even remember much about either of my parents. I'm 65 now...my Dad was killed when I was 14 and my Mom drank herself to death 4 years later. I often wonder how we would get along. Bigdummy, under the circumstances I would say you did the right thing. Hope you can repair the relationship on your terms.

Im finished with him .he was packing and thinks he is staying here I told him to get out.When he booted me out I had 1/2 a tank of gas and 20 bucks on me and he didnt care.He can go somewhere else and buy his friendship.

Have any of you not got along with one of your parents?

Yup....don't want to get into it as it is long winded....stopped talking to them in 02....they passed in 06-07......life goes one....

I got along with my parents good. Wish they were still here.

I got along with my parents good. Wish they were still here.
X2 on that, my Dad was killed in 1977 at age 51 in a farm accident. My Mother was in nursing home and I took her chinese food every Sunday for 8-9 yrs until she passed 1 1/2 yrs ago or else I would still be eating chinese. btw I was the only one out of six kids to visit her but I did it out of respect and thanks for teaching me that, Joe

...Over the years I have noticed a real role reversal. Once you are in a slot, it is hard to escape :) I am almost 55 and still the baby of the family and my Mom is 93... I can almost WRITE A SCRIPT FROM OUR WEEKLY PHONE CALLit is that predictable but i try to see her as much as I can and to take my kids.. She goes into a funk every september but she was one of the two that had me and raised me so I owe her...and I still think she is pretty cool.

That sure does sound familiar....along with the weekly script I used to get the racial crap....mom was a pretty serious racist....Excuse the language....so how is your Spic wife doing? She feeding you enough of that greasy *** Spic food? Would have liked to stay in touch with my dad but I had to go thru her to get to him. Still have not shed a tear over there passing...was planning to visit there graves sometime....they are buried in Jersey...have always joked that when the Dart is done I may tow it back to Jersey to make a few passes at Island Dragway...and visit there graves time permitting...

I joined the Navy to get away from my ole man. About 1/2 way through boot camp I decided he wasn't so bad after all!

My Dad & I had our moments, especially when I was in my early teens. I did stupid stuff that I know pushed his buttons :D. We were never "really" close, but he took care of me and the family as good as anyone could. As I reflect back, he always did have my best interest at heart, and allowed me to do things that seemed trivial to me, but were huge sacrifices to him. Like when I monopolized the garage and carport when I was 16/18 years old. He worked his whole life to get those things, only to allow me to use them as he had to clean off snow or scrape frost from his car just to go to work.....

I do miss him and hope I was able to show him that I loved and appreciated him before I lost him in 2005.

Mom is still with us at 76, and was always protective to a fault. Even today, we go head to head debating issues, but in the end, I think we're good.

I met my father when I was 16 years young and his new wife screwed up my older brother (that I met at the same time at 16) new wife was closer to my age then Dad's , needless to say she ran the roost, never lived in his fancy home more then 2 weeks, moved out on my own and my wife and I raised my boys away from them worldly sex crazed bunch... My mom and grandmother raised me :cheers: and I thank the lord for that most every day, Nether of them are with us anymore ... RIP Mom and Grandma and Dad as well, he just did not put his responsibilities before his nice homes,cars,boats and young wife ......... but I am a better man by not being raised by him and his go go dancer... But that is all behind me now.

-
Back