-
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerdude5

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm a senior in high school, I'm taking 4 college classes and am trying to continue building my 74 Duster as I complete college apps and keep up on my homework. I currently have a 3.9 GPA and I've applied to several colleges to major in aerospace engineering. In short, I don't have enough free time to get a job to by parts for my car so I can continue upgrading and building it into my dream machine, therefore I don't have money. I realize I have a lot of nerve to be asking this, but I don't really have a choice. This car is my daily driver, its what I live for. I want to turn it into a tire smoking machine, literally I sit in AP Government thinking about suspension geometry and the design of cylinder heads. Everything that has been done this car since I have got posession of it has been done by my own hands, even front end alignments. I installed the headers, changed the LCA bushing, and so much more. My lack of funds is causing my progress to come to a hault. Is there any fellow Mopar lovers out there who have some extra parts they can spare? Any parts that you're not using that have just been laying around for years? Would you be willing to make a donation to my cause? If you do I can provide for the cost of shipping and I will supply you with photos of the donated parts being used and installed and I will update you on the status of the car. Perhaps at this moment in time, I could really use a set of small block heads which I will port match to an aluminum intake manifold I have. If you have anything you think could help, pm me or post on this thread.

A few parts I could really use include:
Small Block Heads (318/360)
Subframe Connectors
Torque Boxes
904 Tranny Cooler Lines
Sway Bars
Roll Bars
Small Block Parts, etc
Chrysler 8.25 Parts, etc
904 Parts, etc
Weatherstripping
Anything Else

Thanks for taking the time to read

I've got a set of 318 heads. Nothing fancy, just the stockers. I'd happily part with them if you'll pay the shipping.

You guys are awesome. Walked to school uphill in the snow both ways too I bet. Kid's just asking. There are "free" threads on here all the time. Not to mention parts that never sell. I've got an entire 1974 318 core I couldn't sell for $100, why should I worry about giving him the heads?

He's not hurting either of you. All you have to do is not say anything, and not offer to send him anything. That's it. As the saying goes, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Thank you 2manymopars and 72bluNblu. I really appreciate your response. Guys, I appreciate your input regarding how much time I have and what I could be doing with it, but currently there's a lot going on in my life. I'm not saying more than yours or anything like that. I have empty pockets; am I not allowed to bounce exotic ideas and aspirations off of fellow Mopar enthusiasts? Anyways... I'm not looking for a lecture on how hard I work, I'm simply asking if anyone would like to help contrinbute to my dreams and make them possible. It's completely your decision whether you decide to or not. If you do, I'm very thankful. If you don't, thanks for taking the time to read my thread. I appreciate it. I have one semester left of high school and I don't want to screw it up. I'm focusing on academics and my drive to keep pushing comes from my car.

If I had anything, I'd give it. Beats the hell out of tripping over it a hundred times in the garage. But sadly, I don't. Good luck!

racerdude...keep up the good work and good attitude. Keep that 'cume up and and strive for that engineering degree and more. 3.9's Tough to do if your carrying a heavy Honors course and AP load. The car will come wheather it's by yourself or with help from others. I personally don't know anyone who hasn't had some help with their rides in some fashion to get them to the point of satisfaction. You def have your priorities in the right order. My son's in the very same spot, however with a bit less drive, lol.

I don't have much of anything in the mechanical way. What do you need in the way of "anything else"?

Keep up those studies, good things will come your way.
C

What SB parts you looking for?

Anything that will help me make more power and get better gas mileage. I currently have headers and a weiand stealth intake. I need a camshaft, possibly a holley carb, fuel injection components, roller lifters (in the odd chance), have any ideas?

Maybe post a location so people can know what they are going to have to look for with shipping charges... Heavy parts can get $$$ to ship long distances....

I don't have much of anything in the mechanical way. What do you need in the way of "anything else"?

Keep up those studies, good things will come your way.
C

Umm in terms of anything else.... Sway bars, manual steering coupler, heavy duty leaf springs, decent shock absorbers, quick ratio pitman and idler arms. But more realistically I need some weatherstripping, patch panel for passenger side foot well, sunvisors, radio, 3 speed wiper switch, bucket seat brackets, center console components, parking light lenses, side marker light lenses, paint gaskets, interior dome light, license plate light housing, rubber bumpers for doors/hood/trunk, cowl seal.... I just listed anything I could think of. And thanks, I will do!

First of all, school should be your number 1 priority.
Post some pics of your car. That will give us a better idea of what we are working with.
Because money is tight, focus more on tunning, and working with what you have.
Speed can happen down the road. Having a nice running sb should be good for now.
So where you at in Ventura ?
I'll be surfing the point in the morning. :)

Heres a link to pictures of my car: https://sites.google.com/site/74plymouthduster555/

0601141647.jpg

0214131703.jpg

0214131658a.jpg

0223131512a.jpg

0214131700a.jpg

I have some new side marker light gaskets (4 I think) send me a pm with your address and I will put them in a envelope. Not much but hope it helps.
Ray

sorry, I don't have a stash of parts. I might suggest, make it as dependable and safe daily driver, forget making it faster. I congratulate you on your good grades and aspirations.

meet as many local mopar guys as you can. they can help you no doubt. I would think you could buy heads out of boneyard for less than what shipping would be???? just a suggestion.

I would agree. the current "self serve" u pull it model originated in Calif and then has spread thorough out the country. Dry climate = more cars have survived with good dry parts.

There are some very cool guys (and gals) and on this site. In my experience, yall love seeing us youngins get in on the mopar hobby, and are always eager to help. I've had nothing but good experiences. Big thanks to everyone at FABO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back