parts for 904 gearbox

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
my old thrusted 904 gearbox slipped pretty bad under highload late last summer, today i pulled it out and started with some disasembly since i found lots of steelfilings in the oilpan i have so far found a piece of a "locking" metalseal in it and the front band is realy worn, front drum looks like it has been runing hot with some "dark spots" took the front drum and inputshaft out of the transmission and found that the parts at the front end of the outputshaft being real loose, cant remeber the name of them since its a few years since i had this transmission apart last time but i do suspect that the planetarygears have some heavydamage done to them and alot of other stuff could be damaged again :sad:
this transmission is probably out of a 77 cordoba and i remember it having more clutch disks than what i got in the masterkit last time i rebuilt it soi had to buy extra clutchdisks i also remember this 904 had steel "cages" for the planetary gears
i also have another 904gear box wich i have no ide what it came out of i only know its a V8transmisssion but this one has aluminum "cages" for the planeterygears can i mix parts betwen thes transmissions? is there any performance/reliability diference betwen diferent 904´s
if i do need to buy new hardparts for this transmission is there any stock parts that have an advantage?

this 904 will be tortured behind a 500horse 340 and maybe some nitrous so i want to do it right while its apart
will probably buy a transtar masterkit or is there any better kit?

thanks in advance

-
Back