Parts Interchange for 74 Scamp

-

66dartdave

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I'm new here, so be gentle :lol:

I have just acquired a nice 74 Scamp, /6 that has a very straight body. The big problem is the interior. The bit of research I've been able to do seems to indicate that the dash panels of 73-76 Valiants, Scamps, and even Dusters are almost identical. Can anyone confirm this for me? Is there any place where I can get the "genuine, imitation, wood grained" material for the dash, glove box, etc.?

Thanks very much for any help or insite you all may be able to provide me.

dave

i can tell you that they are probably the same, every picture ive seen of a dart from the inside is like "hey, your dash is just like mine." i have a 1975 valiant. im gonna redo my interior, and ive been thinking about taking those wood panels out, replacing them with shaped and painted sheet metal, or maybe real wood. i want to redo the guage cluster to something a little more appealing..

but back to your topic, same, yes, interchangeable, sure.

Welcome aboard!It's good to have another Scamp owner on the board. :D
Like Rabius said all the parts should interchange.Probably your best bet to find the wood grain for your dash is either swap meets or junkyards,nobody is reproducing this stuff. :thumleft:

Rabius and Evil - thanks very much. Guess I'll have to start looking for some new dash parts - mine has it all across the front, including the glove box. What were they like if they didn't have the "wood" on them? Or were they all like that? Mine also has, on the inner doors, plastic upper parts (don't know what they are really called but it is the upper most part of the inner door panel) and those are cracked. Anyone repoping those that you know of?

dave

-
Back