Parts Interchange Manual

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've had this manual for years, and I don't think I've ever needed to use it. Seems kind of handy though if you're searching for parts. The part might be right under your nose in a different year or body style. These photos show how it works. If you need me to search for an interchangeable part, I'll be happy to do so.
20210626_095014.jpg

20210626_095025.jpg

20210626_095051.jpg

20210626_095107.jpg

20210626_095115.jpg

20210626_095121.jpg

20210626_095140.jpg

20210626_095143.jpg

Very handy manual to have. I purchased one from one of our members for my library & it's been very useful.

4 on eBay. $55-$120. $50 on Amazon. Is it worth it?
The old story is that "When it's raining, I can't repair the roof. When it aint raining, I don't need to." So if you don't need the manual, it's not worth it. If you need it really bad, you would have paid double that for it.....or you can just PM me, and I'll copy the pertinent pages for you and send it to you. As long as I'm still kicking, save you shekels.

I believe that is out of print. I have one and its been invaluable. Selling parts will tell you if it will interchange. The price keeps going up, I paid either $20 or 30 for it. Buy one now, if you decide to sell you’ll get more for it down the road. Its worth every penny.

I've had this manual for years, and I don't think I've ever needed to use it. Seems kind of handy though if you're searching for parts. The part might be right under your nose in a different year or body style. These photos show how it works. If you need me to search for an interchangeable part, I'll be happy to do so.

DARN YOU OP DARN DARN DARN YOU!!!!1

LOLOL

Read the thread, dropped over into egag and ordered one for 55 bucks.

DARN YOU OP DARN DARN DARN YOU!!!!1

LOLOL

Read the thread, dropped over into egag and ordered one for 55 bucks.
Nice for Charlie to offer answers but it will be damn handy to have your own. Like the Galen pocket books, I have no regrets buying them myself.

I need a fuel filler tube for my 72 Dodge Demon. What other cars had this same part? Can you help me?

This is the first time this has happened since I've been using this manual. The manual does not list a fuel filler neck as a component. Under "Fuel System", it lists gas tanks, and it list gas caps, carburetors, intake manifolds, air cleaners, etc., etc. But there is no listing for the filler neck. Stange. The index does not even list that part. It's possible that if a part is not listed it means that there is no interchange for that particular part. However, there is no instruction in the manual to indicate that is the case. Besides, I find it hard to believe that would be the case since Mopar used so many common parts within a family group.

I will go ahead and attach the interchange info for the GAS TANK, and maybe that will work as a clue as to where to start. Unfortunately, that's the best I can do with this manual.

Demon Interchange20240703_105732.jpg

If there are any other users of this manual on the forum, maybe they could pipe up and tell us what it means when a part is not listed.

This is the first time this has happened since I've been using this manual. The manual does not list a fuel filler neck as a component. Under "Fuel System", it lists gas tanks, and it list gas caps, carburetors, intake manifolds, air cleaners, etc., etc. But there is no listing for the filler neck. Stange. The index does not even list that part. It's possible that if a part is not listed it means that there is no interchange for that particular part. However, there is no instruction in the manual to indicate that is the case. Besides, I find it hard to believe that would be the case since Mopar used so many common parts within a family group.

I will go ahead and attach the interchange info for the GAS TANK, and maybe that will work as a clue as to where to start. Unfortunately, that's the best I can do with this manual.

View attachment 1716271173

If there are any other users of this manual on the forum, maybe they could pipe up and tell us what it means when a part is not listed.
No problem, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Tom

I've used that manual but it's been a few years. It's like any non factory manual, there will be errors etc. I would say the filler neck is omitted due to "not knowing"?

View attachment 1716271173

this may help. i stripped out a 70 dart and it had a vent tube attached to it. my 71 does not have a vent tube on it. 1 installed from the outside in and the other 1 installs from inside the trunk and it buts up to the quarter panel from inside. i still have the 1 with the vent line, i think.

this may help. i stripped out a 70 dart and it had a vent tube attached to it. my 71 does not have a vent tube on it. 1 installed from the outside in and the other 1 installs from inside the trunk and it buts up to the quarter panel from inside. i still have the 1 with the vent line, i think.
Helpful, Thank You!!

I've had this book since it first came out. Paid a few bucks for it new. I haven't used it in years because I found it to be incomplete and has quite a few errors.
The FPM's are the best to rely on.

I HAVE A 72 fpm AND WILL GO OUT AND LOOK AT IT FOR A PART NUMBER AND SEE IF I HAVE THE 1 FROM THE 70 DART. SORRY, CAP LOCK IS STUCK ON.

Chrysler part number is 3642007.
All 73 thru 76 Duster's and Dart Sport's use the same number as the 72 Demon except the cars with fold down rear seats.

-
Back