Parts Order Screw Up

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
I think I read a post from someone else about the quality of parts they've ordered being f**k'd up lately. Well, I need to vent/add to that. I seem to just get the wrong parts period. I ordered a windshield gasket from Paddock a few weeks ago and I was EXTREMELY specific with what I needed. I explained I had a 72 dart swinger, NOT a dart sport, 2 door hardtop. They verified everything and assured me they had the correct one. Well by now you probably guessed what happened. Today the window guy shows up to install it and they sent the wrong one. He checked the new windshield number and it should match the seal DN 690 for anyone who may need this in the future. They sent a DN 691 which is larger. I wanted him to cut it and just glue the hell out of it but he wouldn't, he said it would leak. My impulses to just get this done over better judgement I suppose but I'm glad he didn't listen. So now I need to make some calls and try to work this out, but of course they're closed so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Hope they have the other one?!!!!! Sorry for venting but man this sucks.

Your glass man is right, best to be patient and do it right, it`s worth it in the long run. As far as your gasket goes ,any self respecting dealer should swap out the wrong part and cover shipping, etc., if it`s a error on their part. It can pi** you off when you specifically ask for a certain part and they don`t deliver, however it`s almost par for the course that some parts are wrong , even the guys on TV don`t always get the right stuff. Good luck!

Don't sweat it, it's not worth it, as frustrating as it is you don't want to do it again if it leaks. We feel your pain!

-
Back