parts store prices

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
my cars are just drivers, gotta have some shocks.... comparing prices on shocks other day. O reilly Monroe Matic $22.99 and same front and rear.... KYB $54.99 and $75.99 and then Rock Monroe's $11.15 and $14.71 front and rear. KYB are $24.79 and $31.79.......
O k I know there is shipping..... and Mr. O reilly has to pay help.
I asked the "help" there,, why they are paid so MUCH????? ( he slapped me!)

I know Rock makes a profit, and know O reilly has HOW many stores!???? LOL

I buy the majority of my parts thru Rockauto if Im not in a hurry and need the part today.. Sure has saved me a ton of money.

Might be cheaper from Summit.

FYI Monroe's quality is not the greatest anymore, they started going bad on me in 6-months, took them off for exchange for a new set. After 6 months same thing, took them off and put them in the junk pile.

I have KYB's on 5 of my 8 vehicles, good shock for the money.

I paid $17.87 each for Gabriels for the rear of my Dart from Summit. Total was around $50 for the set including shipping and taxes. Perfect fit.

sounds like the gabriels might just be the ticket.

main grip I have with Rock is I try to order enough parts to justify the shipping charges, only to have parts shipped from 3 different locations and 3 charges!! LOL

Monroe and Gabriel don't last. I buy KYB from Summit. They cost more but firm up the ride and last.

Monroe and Gabriel don't last. I buy KYB from Summit. They cost more but firm up the ride and last.

On the other hand they are the two biggest sellers of shocks for an average vehicle. :D

They are just not one of the best brands.

For my "regular" vehicles I buy everything I can from ebag. Prices are usually about 1/2 what the parts store gets and free shipping is even better. Never can find anything cheap for the Mopars but that's to be expected.

I always check Rockauto,recently I paid 25 for a cloyes timing chain tensioner and like 2 for felpro timing chain gasket kit w/crank and pan seal,close out.

my cars are just drivers, gotta have some shocks.... comparing prices on shocks other day. O reilly Monroe Matic $22.99 and same front and rear.... KYB $54.99 and $75.99 and then Rock Monroe's $11.15 and $14.71 front and rear. KYB are $24.79 and $31.79.......
O k I know there is shipping..... and Mr. O reilly has to pay help.
I asked the "help" there,, why they are paid so MUCH????? ( he slapped me!)

I know Rock makes a profit, and know O reilly has HOW many stores!???? LOL

I'd sell you a set of 4 really cheap. They're used though. I just switched over to drag shocks.

that's the problem with this hobby....it's expensive.
you can save money buying inexpensive parts but you're buying them again before long.

brand? how old? and price shipped to 65753? thanks

View attachment IMG_4598.jpg

The front shocks are #739090. The rear are #733534. I believe they are Gabriel,but don't have a name brand on them. I don't know shipping cost yet. I'd sell them to you for $20 plus shipping. I believe they are good, but they are used. Is there a way for me to test them? The only reason I changed them out was because I put on the drag shocks. The rears have been repainted red and the front black. They were on the car for 2 years but only about 1000 miles.

-
Back