Parts?

-
I got the perfect carb for you. Newer Holley replacement carb, looks very good. Bolt right on with a mecahnical choke included. If your looking for a used carb, new ones are like $250...Hit me with a PM and well talk..Rockauto.com is a great site for new mechanical parts too.
032512104057.jpg
032512104008.jpg

and kickdown...and air cleaner, usual stuff. No 318 cast iron 4bbl intakes, only 360's (318 used them starting in 78) but there are a few aftermarket 318 port size 4bbl intakes, Edel Performer, LD4B, S.P.2-P, Streetmaster and Holley Street Dominator come to mind.

340 cast intakes will work also - that's how I'm going. Those and rebuildable Thermoquads can be found for next to nothing. Factory kickdown linkage and aircleaners will be a bit more, but are out there.

THanks. I will contiue to add pictures. I will keep you updated on when I get a list of parts that I need.

For service parts, I've been getting a lot of stuff from Rock Auto myself. They ship quick, their online catalog is great, and the prices are reasonable. I'm not too thrilled with their shipping costs, especially when the parts you need have to come from 2 or 3 of their warehouses, it adds up, but the prices are decent, so it makes up for it. I've tried all the local places (NAPA, O'Reilly, Advance, AutoZone, etc etc) and it's totally hit and miss to find parts for 60s/70s cars anymore from the warehouses and sources they use. To me, not worth the hassle and gas running around finding one thing here and there. Why not support the people (like Rock Auto) who still want to support our old cars. Sounds good to me. One I have found that seems a bit better if you have them there is CarQuest. For whatever reason, they seemed to have a lot more available than all those other places did. If you end up needing anything from YearOne, just know that they're pretty high priced and I wouldn't buy from there without a 30% off code, which they do pretty regularly.

I've also had good luck with Dante's and Moparts (http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/StoreFrontProfiles/default.aspx?sfid=92390) Scott at that Moparts places is great to work with, will do his best to get you what you need.

I checked out rockautoparts,com and found just about everything that I am going to need. The price on the manifold gaskets was outstanding.

Does anyone know if the haynes repair maual will tell me how to take the part apart after I have taken it out of the car?

i have an iron 4bbl intake laying around if you're still planning on going that route, just shoot me a pm

changing the intake? to another 2bbl intake? i cant think of any aftermarket SB 2bbl intakes but you could always go with an aluminum one meant for a 4bbl and put an adapter on it

What would be the advantage or goal of swapping out the intake but keeping the same 2v carb?

Glad rockauto worked out for you. I just put in another order yesterday, already shipped out today.

For aftermarket/performance type stuff, I usually check out Mancini and Summit first, and sometimes Jegs, though I haven't ordered from Jegs in years. But in the past year, I've had a couple orders each with Mancini and Summit, all with no issues.

I am just going to take out the 2 barrel and rebuild it and put it back in. I went out and bought the rebuild kit.

-
Back