Patches 69 Dart

-

shep76

Reaction score
If I just need patches, have you guys found the cheaper Sherman quarter panels to be ok? I just need the rear lower quarter panel area and the area just behind door so I really don't want to pay $700 for the higher quality AMD. Have you guys found the cheap $200 skins work if you are just going to cut them up anyway?

Auto body Special-t’s in Middlefield CT also sells pieces. I’m sorry I cannot find the correct spelling or website. But they got them. Right on Route 66….. not the cool Route 66. The Communist state of Connecticut 66.

If I just need the bottom inch or so of the lower rear quarter, does anyone know if there is any difference between the 1969 and 1970? They make just the patch for the 1970 but not for 1969.

For posterity, I found just the lower quarter at a place called A2Z vehicle parts.... says it's AMD.

if you only need an inch could you just buy some 18 gauge sheet metal, cut and shape it?

if you only need an inch could you just buy some 18 gauge sheet metal, cut and shape it?
I will for the inner trunk extension but for the outer.... I thought about it but I think for the $130 bucks its worth it. I don't have a bender. My homemade pieces come out ok sometimes.... I already feel rich since I saved on not having to buy the complete quarter panel I am pretty confident I can handmake the inner trunk extension part. Now if it would just stop raining here!

Wait? The song says "It never rains in California....." :lol: The cheaper panels will be fine to cut for patch pieces. Back in the days before repro sheet metal, I patched a lower rear section of a Superbird quarter panel with the bottom of a door skin from a 77 Dodge pickup. Lower body line was the exact same contour! Good luck with it. :)

-
Back