PATINA QUESTION

-
Thanks all for your responses. Even though my car is going to a body shop eventually I started working in the front and everything to the firewall has been stripped to bare metal and either primed or, in the case of valance panels, bumper brackets, battery tray etc. stripped and powder coated. I will get a look at the car once it goes to blast so I will eventually know of the problem areas. I'm just looking at whether or not I should consider this hood, maybe I can send it to the guy doing the work as well and hope I don't have to go find another one, done that before.

Patina is dumb, who wants a rusty piece of s---/junk on anything ? jmo
I agree but disagree also. I dont think patina is dumb I think people who use it as a positive selling point is dumb!!
If you have an all original survivor car that has original paint and its thin in places from natural age then I think that's pretty cool!! But one someone takes a 1985 Ford ranger and sands the paint of the hood and let's it rust then tries to sell it for 6000 bucks because it has a patina that is retarded!

-
Back