Patriot tight tuck headers

-

ArizonaKid

Reaction score
what do you mean? It looks like its designed for street rods, So it would fit tighter than most headers.

I'm fairly certain I've seen on another thread someone tried and couldn't without serious modification on a similar center dump shorty header, because of fender+gearbox and k member clearance issues.

I'm fairly certain I've seen on another thread someone tried and couldn't without serious modification on a similar center dump shorty header, because of fender+gearbox and k member clearance issues.

Y'know what, that makes sense, if the factory could have used a rams head design, they probably would have, but now that I think about it, the center dump would probably hit the steering gear, and the exhaust would be a pain because of the location of the K.

Hypothetically though, if it could be used, does anyone have a general idea of HP differences between a long tube header, and a stock manifold, compared to something like this? I'm just kind of curious now.

My brother had those on his barracuda yes the exhaust was crap it made a severe bend flowed like ****!

There was a test best long tube made 7 0r 8 more hp than tight tubes which did better than cheap 1 5/8 long tubes and manifolds by 8-12 hp . On my car the tight tubes were much beter than the cheap hooker headers , and the TTI I have on now gave no improvement over the hedman tight tubes . I had good flow with the hedmans , shop that did the pipes did a great job routing and bending the pipes . There are pics in the hedman tight tube thread .
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1437563&postcount=121

Not going going fit in a body 66 plymouth valiant super tight

maybe 67 and above

Oh yeah, I guess I wasn't very specific on that, I have a 1974 swinger, so I was using that as the car they would go in.
If you were close I would sell my Hedman TT ceramic coated with pipes and mufflers end at axle , all stainless steel

Man, I wish, with my 74' just got done putting Doug's 453 in, it would be too close around the steering box, although i'm sure you could experiment.

Got my Doug's coated for $503, with the autozone honored 20% discount from j-e-g-s!

Every car is different, you know what they say about k frames. Headers that fit on your buddies identical car may not fit on yours due to factory tolerance. His clear fine, yours miss by 1/4 of an inch and have to be dinged. I believe you could use the small power steering box that is made by Borgeson(?) Any way I think its them that make it. Smaller dimensions than the factory box, but its about $600 bucks also. Headers are the mostest funnest part of the car to work on. lol. Best wishes on the outcome. Jim

I bought the same headers Jerry did...my pics are about halfway down the page...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117019&page=7

Mine is a composite of the hedman headers, summit X pipe, summit 2.5" dual kit, and some 180* 2.5" mandrel u bend sections from Columbia River mandrel bending. I have a pretty decent amount in the exhaust, and the gaskets are zero enjoyment to change, but I don't have to worry about dragging it over speed bumps.

If you were close I would sell my Hedman TT ceramic coated with pipes and mufflers end at axle , all stainless steel

That would be a great deal for someone not wanting to mess with long tubes...

Screw all the naysayers who've been doin it for thirty and forty plus years. Go get um boy. Show us how it's done.

-
Back