Paypal Q

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I maybe buying something using PayPal and the seller wants to to check off the transition gift why i wonder.Could someone shed light as to why.He is a Canadian,tho.

you could pay the 3% and send it as a payment, I would do this if you are not sure you can trust him, if you send it as a gift you have no recourse if he never sends the parts

Snake, If you send the $$ as a gift, you will have NO recourse if there's a problem.

Be careful if it's someone you don't know....

Where in Canada? Perhaps one of us can drop off the cash and you can send it to us as a personal cheque or something....

Yes, as stated its so he does not get nailed with the 3% fee. If your not comfortable sending it as a gift then just add 3% to the total to cover there fee for them. Its pretty standard to do here between members that know each other.

If your unsure then your best to add the 3% and Paypal will at least help you if you need to file a claim.

ask him if he'd send it before you gifted him the money. if not, then don't gift it, pay the 3%. if the amount is substantial, its not worth the risk, if you haven't done business with the member before.

Its a member from here

Then it's a judgment call IMO.....Go with your gut feeling. If it's a member that you "know", I wouldn't worry.

I have sent many payments to members here as a gift :)

Just be careful that he's not being "snaky"....

LOL!
I send and receive all payments FROM HERE as a gift. No issues at all. I ask if they are comfy with it to add a few bucks to cover the fees. I leave the choice to them. Do your research....

LOL!
I send and receive all payments FROM HERE as a gift. No issues at all. I ask if they are comfy with it to add a few bucks to cover the fees. I leave the choice to them. Do your research....[/QUOThanks i feel comfortable now.

For the most part, I too send and receive most of my payments as a gift, when dealing with someone here. Unless of coarse they are a fairly new member.

To mark the funds as a gift can be Merry Christmas to the seller. He isn't obligated to ship anything and buyer has no recourse. I just don't play. Another seller will have the same part.
I've heard a million times, If a woman cheats on her hubby with me, she would cheat on me too. If a seller cant be honest with Paypal...
I know my opinions and methods to the madness are mine and not for everyone.
I have lost 80.00 so far. I trusted that seller to refund my money when I returned his misrepresented parts. Cant win them all. Good luck

-
Back