pcv question for low vacuum

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
i have a small block with 10" of vacuum.breather on one side,pcv on the other.my question is under load or full throttle there is little to no vacuum.how does the engine get rid of blow by?would i benefit running a hose from the breather on the valve cover to the base of the air cleaner,so it would pull pressure from rings into the carb??or a hose from the pcv to the base of air cleaner??

How long do you operate at WOT?

I prefer to run no vent and let the PVC pull some vacuum in the pan.

Better yet, do that and run pan evacs. You get the best of both.

In the 50s, they used a system called "road draft tubes". This was just a steel pipe connected to the valve cover, ran under the car. Turbulent air flowing under the car sorta drew crankcase vapors out.
The Positive Crankcase Ventilation system took it further.
Even at WOT there is sometimes some vacuum. Even if there is no suction of crankcase vapor for the limited time at WOT, you should be just fine. Unless your rings are totally worn out, there shouldn't be much if any "pressure" coming up from the crankcase. The vacuum in the PCV hose is rarely met with actual "force" from the crankcase.

i have a small block with 10" of vacuum.breather on one side,pcv on the other.my question is under load or full throttle there is little to no vacuum.how does the engine get rid of blow by?would i benefit running a hose from the breather on the valve cover to the base of the air cleaner,so it would pull pressure from rings into the carb??or a hose from the pcv to the base of air cleaner??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don`t think you should run a carb plate connection if you`ve got a sealed scoop on the car. hope a bunch of guys will get in on this.----------------?

-
Back